TERMS: ekvivalentni obyvatele + MW

  • Rachel Thompson / Simon Vaughan
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2001
      Hi,

      Can anybody help me with the above terms? Context as follows:

      1. snizovani znecisteni vod (zejmena u strednich zdroju znecisteni,
      tj. 5 - 10 tis. ekvivalentnich obyvatel)

      2. snizovani znecisteni ovzdusi(zejmena u strednich zdroju
      znecisteni, tj. 0,2 - 5 MW)

      Thanks very much,

      Simon

      PS On Sunday, Jamie Kirchner sent the 5000th message to Czechlist. I
      think this is a cause for celebration, don't you?
    • zehrovak@dr.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 31, 2001
        --- In Czechlist@y..., "Rachel Thompson / Simon Vaughan"
        <rachelandsimon@v...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > Can anybody help me with the above terms? Context as follows:
        >
        > 1. snizovani znecisteni vod (zejmena u strednich zdroju znecisteni,
        > tj. 5 - 10 tis. ekvivalentnich obyvatel)
        >
        > 2. snizovani znecisteni ovzdusi(zejmena u strednich zdroju
        > znecisteni, tj. 0,2 - 5 MW)
        >
        > Thanks very much,
        >
        > Simon

        This might be worth checking out to see if it fits your context:

        http://www.esc.nsw.gov.au/Water/TreatmentUG/epdef.htm

        Equivalent Population (EP)

        EP is a term used to measure the sewage loads on a system. Equivalent
        Population (EP)
        equates to one person.

        Or try:
        http://esa.un.org/unsd/envmnt/gesform.asp?getitem=911

        I notice that 'population equivalent' turns up on the web in similar
        contexts and it is also to be found in Plechackova's Water-Management
        Dictionary.

        > PS On Sunday, Jamie Kirchner sent the 5000th message to Czechlist. I
        > think this is a cause for celebration, don't you?

        ...er what sort of celebration do you have in mind, Simon?

        M.
      • Rachel Thompson / Simon Vaughan
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 31, 2001
          > Equivalent Population (EP)

          Thanks, Melvyn.

          > > PS On Sunday, Jamie Kirchner sent the 5000th message to
          Czechlist. I think this is a cause for celebration, don't you?

          > ...er what sort of celebration do you have in mind, Simon?

          Perhaps I should've said "rejoicing".

          Simon

          F Gm C F
          Rejoice in Czechlist always, and again, I say, rejoice.
          F Gm C F
          Rejoice in Czechlist always, and again, I say, rejoice.
          F Gm C F
          Rejoice! Rejoice! And again, I say, rejoice!
          F Gm C F
          Rejoice! Rejoice! And again, I say, rejoice!
        • Barendregt
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 31, 2001
            >2. snizovani znecisteni ovzdusi(zejmena u strednich zdroju
            >znecisteni, tj. 0,2 - 5 MW)

            Hi Simon,
            could this be as simple as MW = megawatt (power output unit)?
            Tom
          • monika@cb.bohem-net.cz
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 31, 2001
              --- In Czechlist@y..., "Barendregt" <barendregt@e...> wrote:
              > >2. snizovani znecisteni ovzdusi(zejmena u strednich zdroju
              > >znecisteni, tj. 0,2 - 5 MW)
              >

              > Hi Simon,
              > could this be as simple as MW = megawatt (power output unit)?
              > Tom

              of course it is.."stredni zdroj znecisteni" could be for instance a
              small heating plant, which burns coal and pollutes air...and every
              plant, no matter if power or heating or whatever, has to have certain
              output power....
              monika c.