Re: TERM: Sweep speed

  • Vladimir Vitvar
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2001
      Hi Tom,

      This is easy, well, at least for the e-music freaks, I mean. A sweep is a
      function of frequency filter (zdvih filtru se to rekne) whereby you change
      the cutoff frequency over time, thus creating the famous analog
      mmmmiiiiiaaaaaeeeeeoooowwww sounds. I would call it "rychlost zdvihu
      (frekvencniho) filtru", or "klavesa rychlosti ..." in the particular case.
      You've probably made out what analog waveform is. Just in case: the signal
      coming out of oscilator, such as sine, saw or square (or something more
      complex) which is further modulated by filters, LFO's and so forth.

      Hope that helps.

      Vladimir Vitvar aka DJ VlaD (just kiddin' ;-))