Re: [Czechlist] ENG TERM: AC/IC

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 22, 2012
      My guess is that it's a company guy(s) in charge of accidents, something
      like Health& Safety Officer. Check this - no zachranka usually has a
      personal name:

      https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:mqbIZBRO2n8J:housing.uiowa.edu/rain/forms/How%2520to%2520Deal%2520with%2520Difficult%2520Situations.pdf+&hl=en&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEEShjGjFgYY6U-is_3BUOpw8JfnvN4OkFrYxdabZ8MjDAiPC_cK6JlFtq1XDibWZbCFXv70J7PJB5_eCRrSCWQk9xuCHzL9mzgWX2Spgn-iIxS3oe84IP_yfS9ErqSe1XMztP6Sqk&sig=AHIEtbS0mg01qksByGh8C7KZGFIFByBSsw

      HTH
      Martin

      Dne 22.12.2012 9:05, Charles Stanford napsal(a):
      > Doesn't mean anything to me Jakub - I think it is one of those ones that
      > you may have to check with the company. Could be some sort of centre -
      > assistance centre/information centre but could just as well be someone's
      > initials, bearing in mind that there is no article
      >
      > On 21 December 2012 23:46, Jakub Skrebsky <jakub.skrebsky@...> wrote:
      >
      >> **
      >>

      >> nejprve preji krasne vanoce a gratuluji k preziti konce sveta.
      >>
      >> Hledam vyznam zkratkek AC a IC - kontext je mizivy:
      >> in case of emergency, call the police, the ambulance and then call AC and
      >> IC.
      >> Je to z firemniho bezpecnostniho skoleni americkeho fast-foodoveho retezce.
      >> Je to nejaka ochranka, zachranka nebo co?
      >>
      >> Diky za pomoc
      >>
      >> Jakub

    • Melvyn
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 22, 2012
        --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Petr Veselý <vesely.email@...> wrote:

        > "This trend blends classic surfwear with sportswear trends from urban Britain resulting in an eclectic mix of cut and sew brights and heavily washed acids."
        >

        > I understand what they mean, my working version is "sesivane ustrizky", but surely there's a better phrase for that.

        The main idea behind "cut and sew" is surely that these garments have been custom-designed and that they are not mass-produced. Could you play around with that idea? Zakazkovy? Just brainstorming here.

        >"Cut & Sew" refers to garments that a brand has had made from scratch, a custom design. This is in contrast to "blanks" which are mass produced by large manufacturers and wholesaled to anyone who wants to purchase them
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cut_and_sew
      • Liz
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 22, 2012
          Hi Petr,

          > "This trend blends classic surfwear with sportswear trends from urban Britain resulting in an eclectic mix of cut and sew brights and heavily washed acids."
          >
          > Also, am I right understanding "heavily washed acids" as sth like "zaprane "kyselinove" barvy" or I'm utterly wrong here?

          They mean fabric that's been stone washed with a bit of bleach. Seprané zesvětlené látky or something like that?

          - Liz