Nejen revisited

  • Melvyn
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 12, 2012
      OK, OK, we haven't actually visited this one yet. But we will.

      X reprezentuji nejen na ceskem trhu dve znacky:
      X is represented on the Czech market and elsewhere by two brands:

      ??

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 12, 2012
        Yes, I like that translation.

        Jamie

        On Dec 12, 2012, at 7:24 AM, Melvyn wrote:

        > OK, OK, we haven't actually visited this one yet. But we will.
        >
        > X reprezentuji nejen na ceskem trhu dve znacky:
        > X is represented on the Czech market and elsewhere by two brands:
        >
        > ??
        >
        > M.

      • Melvyn
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 9 7:56 AM
          --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Jakub Skrebsky <jakub.skrebsky@...> wrote:

          > Prekladatelsky orisek v textu z ucebnice managementu:
          > Resources should include human and non-human resources.
          >
          > Nemuzu to prece prelozit jako "nelidske zdroje".
          >
          > Co vy na to?

          Firma musi sve (nejen lidske) zdroje vyuzivat efektivne!
          cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testování_softwaru

          S pozdravem,

          Melvyn

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 29, 2013
            For all you Facebook refuseniks here is another recent thread:

            That old egg: "nejen pro...." - "...budovat (something), nejen pro sportovni fanousky z celeho sveta...". Elegantni reseni? Does one exist?

            Seen by 75

            Yes, that's what I was afraid of

            Too elegant?

            No, I just never liked it - sounds too Czechlish (and that's not your fault), but I guess it can't be helped...

            Sometimes I think it might work to say e.g. the stadium was built with not just the sports fan in mind, if you go on to say who else it was built for.

            It's not a stadium, but a website, but that's a good suggestion - I'll see how I can incorporate that - thanks!

            Sports fans will be among the website users.

            Website users are to include sports fans...

            Website visitors will include sports fans worldwide...

            Sports fans worldwide will rank (high) among the website visitors...

            I like and tend to use 'will include'

            You could just use 'primarily'.

            BR