HELP with meaning in context of wounds healing

  • Markéta Vilhelmová
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 9, 2012
      Dear colleagues,
      I'd like to check how would you understand "full or partial thickness or
      shallow" in the following sentence:

      XY adhesive dressings have been designed to promote complete healing by
      secondary intention on chronic, acute, full or partial thickness or shallow
      granulating, exuding wounds such as pressure ulcers, leg ulcers, infected
      wounds, diabetic foot ulcers, malignant wounds, surgical wounds, first and
      second degree burns, donor sites, fungating ulcers.

      Is it an attribute to granulating or to wounds?

      Thanks,

      Marketa
      --
      Marketa Vilhelmova
      Domasov u Stbk. 46

    • Vlastimila Palíková
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 10, 2012
        Ja bych rekla, ze "full thickness wound" je jeden typ rany, "partial
        thickness wound" je dalsi typ rany a "shallow granulating wound" je taky typ
        rany. Vlasta

        _____

        I'd like to check how would you understand "full or partial thickness or
        shallow" in the following sentence:

        XY adhesive dressings have been designed to promote complete healing by
        secondary intention on chronic, acute, full or partial thickness or shallow
        granulating, exuding wounds such as pressure ulcers, leg ulcers, infected
        wounds, diabetic foot ulcers, malignant wounds, surgical wounds, first and
        second degree burns, donor sites, fungating ulcers.

        Is it an attribute to granulating or to wounds?

        Thanks,

        Marketa
        --
        Marketa Vilhelmova
        Domasov u Stbk. 46
        CZ-78501 Sternberk
        Czech Republic
        Comp. ID: 73360309
        EU VAT: CZ7555252870
        tel: +420 608 614 059
        e-mail: marketa.jirickova@... <mailto:marketa.jirickova%40email.cz>
        skype: jirickovapeggy
        =

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 10, 2012
          Souhlasim.

          Jamie

          On Dec 10, 2012, at 7:13 AM, wrote:

          > Ja bych rekla, ze "full thickness wound" je jeden typ rany, "partial
          > thickness wound" je dalsi typ rany a "shallow granulating wound" je taky typ
          > rany. Vlasta
          >

          > _____

        • Markéta Vilhelmová
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 10, 2012

[...]