aftermarket OEM

  • Mgr. Iveta Pecinkova - Preklady&tlumoceni
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2012
      zdravim,

      mam urgentni dotaz:

      Company may not fulfill aftermarket OEM end-user requests for manuals..

      Vim, co je "aftermarket", vim, co je "OEM", ale neni mi uplne jasne, co
      mysli tim spojenim "aftermarket OEM", ale mozna jsem jen prepracovana, takze
      budu rada za impuls.

      Predem diky

      Iveta

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 6, 2012
        The sentence is not clearly written, but I would think of an "aftermarket OEM" as being an OEM that makes parts that aren't used in the car when it is manufactured, but that are equivalent to the original parts and sold on the aftermarket. The parts are probably approved as "original equipment" by the manufacturer, but this OEM is not one of the company's first-tier suppliers.

        I could be totally wrong.

        It's also possible that the collocation intended here is "aftermarket OEM end-user". In that case, it would be the aftermarket end user of OEM parts.

        Jamie

        On Dec 6, 2012, at 4:30 PM, Mgr. Iveta Pecinkova - Preklady&tlumoceni wrote:

        > zdravim,
        >
        > mam urgentni dotaz:
        >
        > Company may not fulfill aftermarket OEM end-user requests for manuals..
        >

        > Vim, co je "aftermarket", vim, co je "OEM", ale neni mi uplne jasne, co
        > mysli tim spojenim "aftermarket OEM", ale mozna jsem jen prepracovana, takze
        > budu rada za impuls.
        >

        > Predem diky
        >
        > Iveta

      • Petr
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 7, 2012
          Nemuze to docela obycejne znamenat, ze kdyz si kupujici po roce vzpomene, ze by chtel jeste prirucku, zýe ji nemusi dostat?
          Petr Adamek