CHAT: Reading in Prague / Alex Zucker

  • Melvyn
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 19, 2012
      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Pilucha, Jiri" <jiri.pilucha@...> wrote:

      would recommend Hrubin's "lyrical prose" Zlata reneta (of the classics) or anything by Jan Balaban (of the newer ones). And one last recommendation: if you want a taste of another sort of "rich" language go back to Jaroslav Durych. His voice is extremely expressive bordering on linguistic extasy. You may try something short to start with, such as Masopust.

      Many thanks for the recommendations, Jiri. My Kladno Library online basket is now quite full. Now where is the Deliveries button? I'm sure they have a little van with a siren.

      > Anyway, rather than systematically following up on your questions one by one I'll just throw in a few more comments, hopefully not entirely irrelevant to the points raised by yourself.

      Well, that sounds very reasonable. :-) But does this mean we will never know what Alex answered? :_(