Re: [Czechlist] termin - architektura (Sarka?)

  • czechlist@czechlist.org
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 16, 2012
      and here is the Fitzwilliam Museum's.
      http://www.fitzmuseum.cam.ac.uk/visit/facilities.html

      The thing about services is that in this context it might sound like
      educational services etc. (indeed, you can see that heading on the Fitz'
      facilities page).

      On 16.11.2012 10:17, vtalacko@... wrote:
      > The blanket word is facilities - e.g. here is the British Museum's
      > facilities page (they have a separate page for the shop)
      >
      > http://www.britishmuseum.org/visiting/facilities.aspx
      >
      > I'd say the facilities area.
      >
      > On 16.11.2012 10:03, Jan Culka wrote:
      >> rest zone?
      >> services zone?
      >> Centre of services (tak tomu rikaji v letnanskem PVA)
      >> Honza

    • Melvyn
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 16, 2012
        "Facilities area" sounds okay to me here.

        --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, czechlist@... wrote:

        > The blanket word is facilities - e.g. here is the British Museum's
        > facilities page (they have a separate page for the shop)
        >
        > http://www.britishmuseum.org/visiting/facilities.aspx
        >
        > I'd say the facilities area.
      • Hana Jarolímová
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 16, 2012
          dekuji moc vsem
          z utrob plynojemu zdravi
        • wustpisk
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 16, 2012
            I'll give my two-penneth as well and also vote for facilities.

            It is deeply unsatisfactory, but seems to be the word that is used in the absence of anything else.

            > "Facilities area" sounds okay to me here.
            >
            > BR
            >
            > M.
            >
            > --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, czechlist@ wrote:
            > >
            > > The blanket word is facilities - e.g. here is the British Museum's
            > > facilities page (they have a separate page for the shop)
            > >
            > > http://www.britishmuseum.org/visiting/facilities.aspx
            > >
            > > I'd say the facilities area.

          • Melvyn
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 16, 2012
              --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "wustpisk" <gerry.vickers@...> wrote:

              > I'll give my two-penneth as well and also vote for facilities.
              >
              > It is deeply unsatisfactory, but seems to be the word that is used in the absence of anything else.

              Or how about amenities? Visitors' amenities?

              http://www.australia2013.com/visitors/amenities.php

              Though I am happy enough with visitors' facilities.

            • popovicejen
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 16, 2012
                What about "Guest Services"?

                Jennifer