Re: [Czechlist] termin - architektura (Sarka?)

  • czechlist@czechlist.org
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 16, 2012
      The blanket word is facilities - e.g. here is the British Museum's
      facilities page (they have a separate page for the shop)

      http://www.britishmuseum.org/visiting/facilities.aspx

      I'd say the facilities area.

      On 16.11.2012 10:03, Jan Culka wrote:
      > rest zone?
      > services zone?
      > Centre of services (tak tomu rikaji v letnanskem PVA)
      > Honza

    • Hana Jarolímová
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 16, 2012
        Honzo, dik, a rest zone se mi libi, jeste pockam, jestli se neozve nekdo
        jiny
      • czechlist@czechlist.org
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 16, 2012
          and here is the Fitzwilliam Museum's.
          http://www.fitzmuseum.cam.ac.uk/visit/facilities.html

          The thing about services is that in this context it might sound like
          educational services etc. (indeed, you can see that heading on the Fitz'
          facilities page).

          On 16.11.2012 10:17, vtalacko@... wrote:
          > The blanket word is facilities - e.g. here is the British Museum's
          > facilities page (they have a separate page for the shop)
          >
          > http://www.britishmuseum.org/visiting/facilities.aspx
          >
          > I'd say the facilities area.
          >
          > On 16.11.2012 10:03, Jan Culka wrote:
          >> rest zone?
          >> services zone?
          >> Centre of services (tak tomu rikaji v letnanskem PVA)
          >> Honza

        • Melvyn
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 16, 2012
            "Facilities area" sounds okay to me here.

            --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, czechlist@... wrote:

            > The blanket word is facilities - e.g. here is the British Museum's
            > facilities page (they have a separate page for the shop)
            >
            > http://www.britishmuseum.org/visiting/facilities.aspx
            >
            > I'd say the facilities area.
          • Hana Jarolímová
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 16, 2012
              dekuji moc vsem
              z utrob plynojemu zdravi
            • wustpisk
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 16, 2012
                I'll give my two-penneth as well and also vote for facilities.

                It is deeply unsatisfactory, but seems to be the word that is used in the absence of anything else.

                > "Facilities area" sounds okay to me here.
                >
                > BR
                >
                > M.
                >
                > --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, czechlist@ wrote:
                > >
                > > The blanket word is facilities - e.g. here is the British Museum's
                > > facilities page (they have a separate page for the shop)
                > >
                > > http://www.britishmuseum.org/visiting/facilities.aspx
                > >
                > > I'd say the facilities area.

              • Melvyn
                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 16, 2012
                  --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "wustpisk" <gerry.vickers@...> wrote:

                  > I'll give my two-penneth as well and also vote for facilities.
                  >
                  > It is deeply unsatisfactory, but seems to be the word that is used in the absence of anything else.

                  Or how about amenities? Visitors' amenities?

                  http://www.australia2013.com/visitors/amenities.php

                  Though I am happy enough with visitors' facilities.

                • popovicejen
                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 16, 2012
                    What about "Guest Services"?

                    Jennifer