Re: [Czechlist] termin - architektura (Sarka?)

  • Jan Culka
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 16, 2012
      rest zone?
      services zone?
      Centre of services (tak tomu říkají v letňanském PVA)
      Honza

      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 16, 2012
        The blanket word is facilities - e.g. here is the British Museum's
        facilities page (they have a separate page for the shop)

        http://www.britishmuseum.org/visiting/facilities.aspx

        I'd say the facilities area.

        On 16.11.2012 10:03, Jan Culka wrote:
        > rest zone?
        > services zone?
        > Centre of services (tak tomu rikaji v letnanskem PVA)
        > Honza

      • Hana Jarolímová
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 16, 2012
          Honzo, dik, a rest zone se mi libi, jeste pockam, jestli se neozve nekdo
          jiny
        • czechlist@czechlist.org
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 16, 2012
            and here is the Fitzwilliam Museum's.
            http://www.fitzmuseum.cam.ac.uk/visit/facilities.html

            The thing about services is that in this context it might sound like
            educational services etc. (indeed, you can see that heading on the Fitz'
            facilities page).

            On 16.11.2012 10:17, vtalacko@... wrote:
            > The blanket word is facilities - e.g. here is the British Museum's
            > facilities page (they have a separate page for the shop)
            >
            > http://www.britishmuseum.org/visiting/facilities.aspx
            >
            > I'd say the facilities area.
            >
            > On 16.11.2012 10:03, Jan Culka wrote:
            >> rest zone?
            >> services zone?
            >> Centre of services (tak tomu rikaji v letnanskem PVA)
            >> Honza

          • Melvyn
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 16, 2012
              "Facilities area" sounds okay to me here.

              --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, czechlist@... wrote:

              > The blanket word is facilities - e.g. here is the British Museum's
              > facilities page (they have a separate page for the shop)
              >
              > http://www.britishmuseum.org/visiting/facilities.aspx
              >
              > I'd say the facilities area.
            • Hana Jarolímová
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 16, 2012
                dekuji moc vsem
                z utrob plynojemu zdravi
              • wustpisk
                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 16, 2012
                  I'll give my two-penneth as well and also vote for facilities.

                  It is deeply unsatisfactory, but seems to be the word that is used in the absence of anything else.

                  > "Facilities area" sounds okay to me here.
                  >
                  > BR
                  >
                  > M.
                  >
                  > --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, czechlist@ wrote:
                  > >
                  > > The blanket word is facilities - e.g. here is the British Museum's
                  > > facilities page (they have a separate page for the shop)
                  > >
                  > > http://www.britishmuseum.org/visiting/facilities.aspx
                  > >
                  > > I'd say the facilities area.

                • Melvyn
                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 16, 2012
                    --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "wustpisk" <gerry.vickers@...> wrote:

                    > I'll give my two-penneth as well and also vote for facilities.
                    >
                    > It is deeply unsatisfactory, but seems to be the word that is used in the absence of anything else.

                    Or how about amenities? Visitors' amenities?

                    http://www.australia2013.com/visitors/amenities.php

                    Though I am happy enough with visitors' facilities.

                  • popovicejen
                    Message 9 of 14 , Nov 16, 2012
                      What about "Guest Services"?

                      Jennifer