Re: TERM: Reflektovat

  • Melvyn
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 22, 2012
      Many thanks to Jan C., Hana J. and Gerry T. for your ideas. Reflektovat seems to me to be one of those very slippery, highly context-sensitive words. I'm sure we'll come back to it again sometime.

      Jiri P. wrote:
      >What exactly would be wrong with "reflected"?

      Might well work in other contexts, but here the primary meaning (odrazet apod) would just be totally wrong and confusing. Probably not much point dwelling on why exactly a word is just plain wrong.

      >or perhaps "reflected upon"

      Again, might work elsewhere, but the primary idea of "contemplate" or "ponder" is a bit too touchy-feely and personally-focused for my overall context. Sounds rather odd to me in the impersonal passive voice here.