nástolec

  • Jan Nechanicky
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 26, 2001
      Hello
      For those who replied here is the term nástolec along with a few others
      - this after the consultation with the client.
      covered box dóza
      decanter láhev
      comport nástolec
      stemware kalíshky
      Cherio
      --
      Jan Nechanicky MIL
      CZECH IT OUT Translations
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 28, 2001
        --- In Czechlist@y..., Jan Nechanicky <jannech@c...> wrote:
        > Hello
        > For those who replied here is the term nástolec along with a few
        others
        > - this after the consultation with the client.
        > covered box dóza
        > decanter láhev
        > comport nástolec
        > stemware kalíshky
        > Cherio
        > --
        Well I must admit I've learned a couple of new English words there.
        Thanks Honza.

        Comport - a term used to denote small, open candy dishes which are
        stemmed.

        Stemware is a generic term that refers to any glassware with a stem.

        Thanks also to Simon for your explanation of the origin of 'raut'. Now
        there's an ironic twist
        for you. Can't think of an improvement on 'Grand Buffet Reception'
        though maybe if the client
        thinks 'grand' is too grand you could follow old Poldauf and use
        'special' or I wonder if in
        some cases it is possible to just name the organization represented
        e.g. Acme Inc Buffet Reception. Does this achieve equivalent effect -
        is it a 'cultural equivalent' of reprezentacni/reprezentativni? Just a
        thought.