Opakovane zkontrolovat

  • Charlie Stanford Translations
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2012
      Full of questions at the moment I am afraid. Am having a "row" (not quite a row but a conflict of opinions) about something in a backtranslation.

      Co se ma udelat, kdyz tloustka endometria nadale prevysuje 16 mm i po vysazeni leku a po nastupu prvni menstruace po lecbe?

      [ ] Opakovane zkontrolovat po dalsich 3 mesicich

      The English is "Check-up after 3 months" or something like that and I felt that "Opakovane zkontrolovat po dalsich 3 mesicich" sounded a bit weird - because of the "opakovane" I suppose. My girlfriend (who is Czech) said that it was not clear but the translator says that there is nothing wrong with it.

      Can I have some opinions from any of you please....

      Charlie

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2012
        What the translator probably means is that there was another check-up
        previously, this is a re-check-up. But agree with you Charlie - would
        skip it.

        The translator has a lot of room for improvement in writing/styling
        skills too.

        Martin

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2012
          If the translator insists, try offering 'Znovu zkontrolovat'. This
          includes the 're' message but avoids confusion with multiple periodical
          visits thereafter.

          HTH
          Martin