Fwd: [Czechlist] Re: CHAT: Manchester hantec

  • hgeige@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2 1:18 AM
      Thanks, Charlie,

      ____________________________________
      From: charliestanfordtranslations@...
      To: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: 8/2/2012 4:12:04 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time
      Subj: Re: [Czechlist] Re: CHAT: Manchester hantec

      It's cockney Hannah - originally London, East End (now just about
      everywhere south of Birmingham and east of Bristol). "Nuffin' becomes of nuffin,
      cammmm aaann me ol' mucker, give us a grin". Laavly

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2 1:20 AM
        He has a very contrived London accent. Nowadays this has been 'softened' to a phenomenon known as 'Estuary English', or 'Mockney' of the type favoured by Tony Blair, Princess Diana, Ben Elton, Janet Street-Porter, etc

        http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/special_report/1999/02/99/e-cyclopedia/383359.stm
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estuary_English