Re: [Czechlist] krestni jmeno

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2012
      Hi Charlie,

      I find "krestni jmeno" perfectly normal. Although it actually suggests
      Christianity and baptism, the term has virtually lost these religious
      clerical connotations, and is now simply an equivalent of "first name"
      or "forename" in English. I personally think it's more correct than
      "jmeno" only...

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2012
        It's fine Charlie,

        krestni jmeno is the official name of our first names... as you asy, a
        simple jmeno would suffice and is more commonly used in questionnaires
        and other contemporary stuff, but I don't think there's anything wrong
        with going the full Monty, so to speak..

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2012
          Personally, I prefer using krestni jmeno when there is a risk of
          confusion - in some contexts, 'jmeno' is used for what is actually
          prijmeni.

          In other words, seconded to what Romana and Matej say.

          Martin