Re: Computer advice

  • Melvyn
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 25, 2012
      Not a technical whizz, so just a couple of quick comments:

      I have a copy of Computer magazine with the results of a consumer test they performed on notebooks suitable for travelling. They came out in favour of the HP ProBook 6360b and the Acer Aspire 3750G-2334G75Mnkk. Check out the online reviews.

      The article has in-depth reviews of the top ten notebooks in this category. I can send it to you if you want.

      As for netbooks I have a little Asus Eee PC 1225b, which works a treat. Some people warn that netbooks are not suitable for **longer** texts (or "texts of any great size"? Neat solutions to that "comparative" problem often seem to have "any" in them IMHO, but I digress). Well, I have dainty little hands and I find the keyboard is no great problem for several pages, though even I would prefer my notebook for anything larger. Video works fine as do browsers, simple games and Skype. I can get seven hours out of the batteries and it weighs no more than a bag of sugar, so it is very handy when I am out and about.

      A friend bought a netbook that was a couple of thousand crowns cheaper - around seven thousand crowns. Skype and video did not work properly and he can only use it for text and simple browsing. So beware.

      HTH