[Czechlist] Detska cokolada

    Message 1 of 51 , Jun 23, 2012
      I never ran into a product called anything like "detska cokolada" until I got to the Czech Republic. Now I see that one of the local stores here is all stocked up with detska cokolada from Belarus.

      So, here's my question: Is "detska cokolada" perceived as a product distinct from regular chocolate, or it just chocolate in happier packaging?

      In the US, kids eat the same chocolate everybody else does. (And kindervajicka are illegal here.)

      And I seem to remember "studentska cokolada" being fudge.

      Message 51 of 51 , Jul 19, 2012
        Hi Gerry,

        I actually vaguely recall them being called "banany..." or perhaps
        "bananky v cokolade" when I was a boy.

        By the way, I quite liked them then but I would think of them as much
        too chemical now...