Re: [Czechlist] TERM: attachment

  • Valerie Talacko
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 28, 2012
      I'd say it's probably attachment in the sense used by John Bowlby and
      others - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attachment_theory . I'm not sure
      how it's translated in Czech parenting articles etc. - I'm just having a
      look.

      Valerie

      On Wed, 2012-03-28 at 11:36 +0200, Hana Jarolímová wrote:

      > Ahoj, netusite prosim nekdo, co znamena "attachment" v nasledujicim
      > kontextu? Dekuji moc
      > Hanka
      >
      > Our discussion draws primarily from psychotherapy research,
      > theoretical
      > work in the field of attachment, and empirical, theoretical, and
      > Buddhist studies of mindfulness.

    • Valerie Talacko
      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 28, 2012
        I've found it now - they use "vazba." (That's how the title of Bowlby's
        book is translated, anyway).

        Valerie

      • zuzana.kocickova@cbox.cz
        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 28, 2012
          Ahoj,
          ulpivani
          Zuzka

          Message 4 of 18 , Mar 28, 2012
            (citovaa) vazba?
            Zdravim
            Alena

            Message 5 of 18 , Mar 28, 2012
              Ahoj a vsem mockrat dekuju

              Ja znam "attachment" jen u stavebnich stroju a tam je to pridavne
              zarizeni:-)

              Hanka
              Message 6 of 18 , Mar 28, 2012
                The thing that throws me off is that you've got both psychotherapy and Buddhism mentioned in this context, and "attachment" means something a bit different in each of them.

                So in psychology it could mean attachment to family members, in the sense of "attachment theory", which is healthy.

                However, in Buddhism it means "attachment" in the sense of "worldly attachments", or an unhealthy possessiveness toward wealth, sin, or other transient things.

                It's hard to say which it means without more context. However, if both of those types of attachment are called "vazba", it won't make any difference.

                Jamie

                Message 7 of 18 , Mar 29, 2012
                  No muj syn (budhista) rika, ze to je v budhismu pripoutanost.
                  Zdravim
                  Alena

                  Message 8 of 18 , Mar 29, 2012
                    Díky, Aleno, diky Jamie, vcera jsem to odevzdala s "vazbou". Nebylo to
                    az tak moc dulezite, nicmene jsem si utvrdila, ze pro tento typ prekladu
                    jsem naprosto nepouzitelna...