Re: [Czechlist] Czech for kids

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 23, 2012
      On Feb 23, 2012, at 3:04 PM, Melvyn wrote:

      > Nekde jsem precetl, ze newyorsti policejni psi jsou casto vycviceni v Cesku a proto reagujou na ceske povely ale ss! to je nase male tajemstvi.

      The police in my hometown told us that nearly all police dogs in the US are bred and raised in Germany or the Czech Republic, because those are the countries where the breeders do the best job of breeding for the proper temperament and other necessary characteristics. One cop was demonstrating our local police dog's capabilities, but there were times when the dog didn't respond to English commands very well. However, when I yelled commands at him in Czech, he seemed to pay attention and respond. There was immediate recognition.

      And thank you for the link, Melvyn.