skladacka

  • Sabina Kralova
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 3, 2012
      Hi Jamie,

      In my opinion they mean jigsaw puzzles.
      Sabina

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Czechlist@yahoogroups.com]On
      Behalf Of James Kirchner
      Sent: Friday, February 03, 2012 8:47 PM
      To: czechlist@...
      Subject: [Czechlist] skladacka

      The definitions of "skladacka" seem to be all over the place, and the
      images on Google are giving me everything from origami sets, to corporate
      brochures, to pop-up books, to jigsaw puzzles, to folding bicycles.

      If a printing company produces "skladacky", what are they probably making?

      All assistance will be appreciated.

    • Stephan von Pohl
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 3, 2012
        It's a printing company. I assume they make flyers and the like.
        In my opinion, skladacks is a folding brochure.

        On 2/3/2012 9:14 PM, Sabina Kralova wrote:
        > Hi Jamie,
        >
        > In my opinion they mean jigsaw puzzles.
        > Sabina

      • Sabina Králová
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 3, 2012
          It makes sense, it really does. But a printing company can make both. I am affraid some specifications from the client might be necessary:).
          Sabina

          It's a printing company. I assume they make flyers and the like.
          In my opinion, skladacks is a folding brochure.

          On 2/3/2012 9:14 PM, Sabina Kralova wrote:
          > Hi Jamie,
          >
          > In my opinion they mean jigsaw puzzles.
          > Sabina

        • Sarka Rubkova
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 4, 2012
            Jigsaw puzzle

            s.

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 4, 2012
              In printing jargon, skladacka is indeed a brochure or anything else
              that's folded, I think it has to have two or more folds to be a
              skladacka, i.e. a simple greeting card with a single fold might not be
              called that, but a brochure that's printed on something like A4 and
              then folded twice (one flap around the other) will be..

              I've ordered a thing like that to be printed once and they called it
              skladacka

              > It's a printing company. I assume they make flyers and the like.
              >In my opinion, skladacks is a folding brochure.
              >
              >On 2/3/2012 9:14 PM, Sabina Kralova wrote:
              >> Hi Jamie,
              >>
              >> In my opinion they mean jigsaw puzzles.
              >> Sabina

            • Josef Hlavac
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 4, 2012
                Seconded. My school had one "skladacka" recently printed. It was a
                single, folded piece of paper, something similar to this one:
                http://www.typodesignclub.cz/tdc_admin/img/works/skladacka_2.jpg

                It seemed to me that "skladacka" is what both the marketing person at
                our school and the people at the printing company routinely use for this
                kind of product.

                Josef