[Czechlist] nakasirovat

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 3, 2012
      I'm also having trouble with the word "nakasirovat", which is something they do to something made of cardboard after it's printed.

      Any help?

      Thanks very much.

    • Jakub Skrebsky
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 3, 2012
        that is what we used to call kasirovat in primary school at classes.

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papier-mache

        On 3 Feb 2012, at 20:01, James Kirchner wrote:

        > I'm also having trouble with the word "nakasirovat", which is something they do to something made of cardboard after it's printed.
        >
        > Any help?
        >
        > Thanks very much.

      • Sarka Rubkova
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 5, 2012
          It may mean several things:
          1. To glue of a printed sheet of paper to a cardboard
          2. To cover a printed sheet with some solution, which is transparent after
          drying, to protect it.

          Both processes are wet.

          sarka

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 5, 2012
            Dunno about #1, but #2 seconded, kasirovany in printing is shiny (or
            matt) smooth surface, sort of like lamination, but not as stiff and
            thinner and only one side..

            You can have that on business cards and the like..

            Outside of printing, kasirovani is the papier-mache technique..

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 5, 2012
              So one is mounting and one is varnishing.

              Thank you, Sarka.

              Jamie

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 5, 2012
                So, in printing it's varnishing.

                JK

                On Feb 5, 2012, at 6:01 AM, Sarka Rubkova wrote:

                > It may mean several things:
                > 1. To glue of a printed sheet of paper to a cardboard
                > 2. To cover a printed sheet with some solution, which is transparent after
                > drying, to protect it.
                >
                > Both processes are wet.
                >
                > sarka

              • Sarka Rubkova
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 5, 2012
                  the first option is used particularly for presentation of designed. I did it
                  many times when practicing as an architect

                  sarka