[Czechlist] skladacka

    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 3 11:47 AM
      The definitions of "skladacka" seem to be all over the place, and the images on Google are giving me everything from origami sets, to corporate brochures, to pop-up books, to jigsaw puzzles, to folding bicycles.

      If a printing company produces "skladacky", what are they probably making?

      All assistance will be appreciated.

    • Sabina Kralova
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 3 12:14 PM
        Hi Jamie,

        In my opinion they mean jigsaw puzzles.
        Sabina

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 3 1:04 PM
          It's a printing company. I assume they make flyers and the like.
          In my opinion, skladacks is a folding brochure.

          On 2/3/2012 9:14 PM, Sabina Kralova wrote:
          > Hi Jamie,
          >
          > In my opinion they mean jigsaw puzzles.
          > Sabina

        • Sabina Králová
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 3 1:05 PM
            It makes sense, it really does. But a printing company can make both. I am affraid some specifications from the client might be necessary:).
            Sabina

            It's a printing company. I assume they make flyers and the like.
            In my opinion, skladacks is a folding brochure.

            On 2/3/2012 9:14 PM, Sabina Kralova wrote:
            > Hi Jamie,
            >
            > In my opinion they mean jigsaw puzzles.
            > Sabina

          • Sarka Rubkova
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 4 1:42 AM
              Jigsaw puzzle

              s.

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 4 2:08 AM
                In printing jargon, skladacka is indeed a brochure or anything else
                that's folded, I think it has to have two or more folds to be a
                skladacka, i.e. a simple greeting card with a single fold might not be
                called that, but a brochure that's printed on something like A4 and
                then folded twice (one flap around the other) will be..

                I've ordered a thing like that to be printed once and they called it
                skladacka

                > It's a printing company. I assume they make flyers and the like.
                >In my opinion, skladacks is a folding brochure.
                >
                >On 2/3/2012 9:14 PM, Sabina Kralova wrote:
                >> Hi Jamie,
                >>
                >> In my opinion they mean jigsaw puzzles.
                >> Sabina

              • Josef Hlavac
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 4 2:10 AM
                  Seconded. My school had one "skladacka" recently printed. It was a
                  single, folded piece of paper, something similar to this one:
                  http://www.typodesignclub.cz/tdc_admin/img/works/skladacka_2.jpg

                  It seemed to me that "skladacka" is what both the marketing person at
                  our school and the people at the printing company routinely use for this
                  kind of product.

                  Josef