Re: [Czechlist] BUSINESS: escrow

  • Jakub Skrebsky
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2012
      odesk.com, is similar to elance, i.e. the job is assigned through them.
      I've been paid a couple of times with no problem, apart from the 4 or so days delay.

      and freeelancer.com, yet another one, but I have no personal experience with this one.

      Jakub

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2012
        Hi Jakub,

        I know oDesk and Freelancer too but the number of people who underbid
        you with a fraction of a resonable rate virtually disqualifies those
        sites for me. However, you might want to suggest to your customer using
        such a site for the escrow service only. Never done that myself...

      • Jakub Skrebsky
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 3, 2012
          no, in those cases, I won the jobs advertised there.

          However, I am just in the middle of negotiation with a customer who approached me directly and intends to use odesk only to track my time and pay me.
          So I think it might be possible to pre-negotiate with the client and bypass the bidding procedure.
          The odesk fee will still be deducted from your earnings, though.