Re: SmartMATE

  • Jakub Skrebsky
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 11, 2012
      Tohle by mohlo zajimat Milana a dalsi, kdo radi experimentuji s TM a
      strojovym prekladem:
      (preposilam cely text e-mailu)

      Jakub

      original message from: enquiries@...

      Last month we approached you asking you to build your own, personalized
      machine translation engine in SmartMATE free of charge and then give us
      your feedback. From those that build an engine and complete our survey
      before 20 January 2012, one lucky participant will also become the owner
      of a brand new iPad2 following a random prize draw.

      SmartMATE is being launched commercially in the next two weeks and will
      allow any user to build their own MT engine, integrate their TMs, apply
      glossaries and work within a multi-user editing suite. Using the
      feedback we have gathered so far from the translator community, we have
      made a number of changes to the system to make it even more
      user-friendly and fix any bugs that have emerged during the testing phase.

      The system is built on XML Localisation Interchange File Format (XLIFF,
      .xlf format) and supports this perfectly, although we have also built in
      file filtering for MS-Word (.doc/.docx, but not .rtf). All these
      documents will be supported by the new editing environment. Pure text
      (.txt) and SDL Trados Tag Format (.ttx) are also supported for MT and TM
      only.

      We're particularly keen to hear what you think of the quality of our MT
      and if it matches the experience of the people who regularly use the
      technology already, such as Polish translator, Bartosz Rogowski, who had
      this to say:

      /"The problem with machine translation was always that you had to choose
      between two options; using a system that relied on C++ expertise, which
      leads to a lot of sleepless nights, or buy an inferior 'out of the box'
      'one size fits all' solution, that may not meet your quality standards.
      SmartMATE has solved the problem by bridging the gap between these two
      options, improving the quality of the output and being very easy to use./

      /"SmartMATE lets you build different engines that will, for instance,
      imitate incomprehensible jargon used by your customers, and will
      remember the 1500-item list of terminology that your other customer
      requires. A great new tool for translators!"/

      To qualify for the iPad2 competition, please have a go with
      http://appliedlanguagesolutions.createsend2.com/t/y/l/yhxidk/qyuddwhk/j/, build
      an engine, have a look at the output quality and then fill out this
      quick survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/smartmate_feedback
      <http://appliedlanguagesolutions.createsend2.com/t/y/l/yhxidk/qyuddwhk/t/>.

      If you have already built an engine then make sure you fill out the
      survey to give us your opinion of SmartMATE and become eligible for the
      prize draw. If you have still to build an engine before the 20 January
      2012 deadline then we look forward to your feedback!

      Thanks again for your time, I hope this has been of use and if you have
      any further questions, please contact a member of the team at
      enquiries@... <mailto:enquiries@...>.

      Kind Regards,

      The SmartMATE team
      Office: +44 (0) 845 367 7000

      *Applied Language Solutions*
      *High quality language solutions delivered on time /...with a smile!/*

      www.appliedlanguage.com
      <http://appliedlanguagesolutions.createsend2.com/t/y/l/yhxidk/qyuddwhk/i/>
      Tel (UK): +44 (0)845 367 7000
      Tel (US): +1 (800) 579-5010

      Riverside Court, Huddersfield Road, Delph, Oldham, OL3 5FZ. UK
      Registered in the UK 5122429

      Pride in everything we do | Respect everyone like a friend
      Think of the environment; please don't print this e-mail unless you
      really need to.

      <http://appliedlanguagesolutions.createsend2.com/t/y/l/yhxidk/qyuddwhk/d/>

    • Milan
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 12, 2012
        Diky, Jakube!

        1. Chtel jsem se prave podivat na statisticky prekladac LetsMT!

        Zminoval jsem se o nem na Jeronymovych dnech 2010.
        Nyni na svem webu nabidli testovani. Kdyz jsem pozadoval prihlasovaci udaje, dostal jsem tuto odpoved:

        "At the moment we are updating the production environment and the new one will be available about next week.
        I would appreciate if you could wait till that."

        Projekt LetsMT! financuje EU a bude pro uzivatele ZDARMA.

        2. U vsech webovych prekladacu je dulezite API (rozhrani), ktere umoznuje vkladat automaticky nebo rucne nabidku prekladu do CAT nebo
        do jineho prekladace.

        Mam radeji CAT a zdroje (slovnik, glosare a TM) u sebe doma nez v cloudu.
        Prace v cloudu je vhodna pri sdileni zdroju. Kdyz webovy prekladac, tak davam prednost, aby nabidky prekladu chodily do desktopoveho CAT.

        3. Pokud budu mit cas, tak SmartMATE vyzkousim (odpracuji si listek do loterie), ale rozhodne nebudu pouzivat jako placenou sluzbu.

        Milan