mission vs. business critical HDD

  • Mgr. Iveta Pecinkova - Preklady&tlumoceni
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 5, 2012
      Zdravim,

      potrebuji v cestine nejak rozli�it (pokud na to tedy neco existuje) "mission
      critical HDD" a "business critical HDD".

      Kontext:

      Mission Critical HDDs (employed in high performance servers or storage
      arrays which require 99.999% reliability);

      Business Critical HHDs (used in the large storage facilities or server farms
      of internet companies which run 24/7).

      Predem dekuji

      Iveta

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 6, 2012
        I've got a problem with the word "bilancovat" in the headline of a press release.

        The headline says: "SPOLECNOST XYZ BILANCUJE"
        (Names have been changed to protect the innocent.)

        The text goes on to explain the fabulously successful expansion of the company.

        Is the headline just saying that the company's balance sheet is completed? This headline would seem to be sort of nonsensical if it were rendered the same way in English.

        Any advice would be appreciated.

      • Pilucha, Jiri

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 6, 2012
            "takes stock"

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 6, 2012
              Ah, like the French use the word "bilance".

              This is still going to sound dopey as a headline, so I'm going to have to figure out something free-form.

              Thanks, Stephan.

              Jamie

              On Jan 6, 2012, at 6:00 PM, Stephan von Pohl wrote:

              > "takes stock"
              >
              > On 1/6/2012 11:22 PM, Pilucha, Jiri wrote:
              >>
              >> It means just "looking back"

            • Gerald Turner
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 6, 2012
                I agree. Google on "bilancuje" - everyone's at it (including Lucie Bílá".

                Gerry

                On 6 January 2012 23:00, Stephan von Pohl <stephan.pohl@...> wrote:

                > **
                >

                > "takes stock"
                >

                > On 1/6/2012 11:22 PM, Pilucha, Jiri wrote:
                > >
                > > It means just "looking back"

                7 Old Shoreham Road
                Brighton
                Sussex