Re: [Czechlist] Term: Within open respite

  • Stephan von Pohl
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 4, 2012
      My guess is that Mr. Austria's English is a bit lacking, but that the
      plaintiff is filing some kind of motion (perhaps an appeal) against the
      people listed below. By backtranslating "respite" to German, I arrive at
      "Frist", which means "deadline" - if that's of any help to you.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 4, 2012
        That phrase "above mentioned" is kind of stinky also, but at least you can understand it.

        Jamie

        On Jan 4, 2012, at 5:24 AM, Stephan von Pohl wrote:

        > My guess is that Mr. Austria's English is a bit lacking, but that the
        > plaintiff is filing some kind of motion (perhaps an appeal) against the
        > people listed below. By backtranslating "respite" to German, I arrive at
        > "Frist", which means "deadline" - if that's of any help to you.
        >
        > On 1/4/2012 11:10 AM, Vesely Petr wrote:
        >>
        >> Hello everybody,
        >>
        >> I'm puzzled with the above phrase in an Austrian lawyer's letter to a
        >> Czech court.
        >> The whole sentence:
        >>
        >> "In the above mentioned matter, the plaintiff refers to the decision
        >> of 14th Nov. 2011 and administers within open respite as follows:"
        >>
        >> What follows are just names, surnames and dates of defendants, no more
        >> context.
        >>
        >> Does anybody have an idea, Helga perhaps?
        >>
        >> Petr

      • Vesely Petr
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 4, 2012
          Thanks, Stephan and James,