[Czechlist] Term: Within open respite

  • Vesely Petr
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 4, 2012
      Hello everybody,

      I'm puzzled with the above phrase in an Austrian lawyer's letter to a Czech court.
      The whole sentence:

      "In the above mentioned matter, the plaintiff refers to the decision of 14th Nov. 2011 and administers within open respite as follows:"

      What follows are just names, surnames and dates of defendants, no more context.

      Does anybody have an idea, Helga perhaps?

      Petr

    • Simon
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 4, 2012
        Thank you Josef and Sarka for your input. It confirms what I have heard from other sources.

        Simon

        --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Josef Hlavac <joe@...> wrote:

        > It is possible if you invoice the job through someone who is registered
        > for VAT (and claims true expenses).
        >
        > Otherwise, if you invoice a single euro directly to someone in another
        > EU member state, you must register for VAT.
        >
        > Josef
        >
        > On 3.1.2012 11:09, "Simon" wrote:
        > > Is it possible to supply translation services to a client in another EU member state (specifically a university in Slovakia) without registering as a VAT payer in the Czech Republic?
        > >
        > > Thanks for any advice.
        > >
        > > Simon
      • Stephan von Pohl
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 4, 2012
          My guess is that Mr. Austria's English is a bit lacking, but that the
          plaintiff is filing some kind of motion (perhaps an appeal) against the
          people listed below. By backtranslating "respite" to German, I arrive at
          "Frist", which means "deadline" - if that's of any help to you.

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 4, 2012
            That phrase "above mentioned" is kind of stinky also, but at least you can understand it.

            Jamie

            On Jan 4, 2012, at 5:24 AM, Stephan von Pohl wrote:

            > My guess is that Mr. Austria's English is a bit lacking, but that the
            > plaintiff is filing some kind of motion (perhaps an appeal) against the
            > people listed below. By backtranslating "respite" to German, I arrive at
            > "Frist", which means "deadline" - if that's of any help to you.
            >
            > On 1/4/2012 11:10 AM, Vesely Petr wrote:
            >>
            >> Hello everybody,
            >>
            >> I'm puzzled with the above phrase in an Austrian lawyer's letter to a
            >> Czech court.
            >> The whole sentence:
            >>
            >> "In the above mentioned matter, the plaintiff refers to the decision
            >> of 14th Nov. 2011 and administers within open respite as follows:"
            >>
            >> What follows are just names, surnames and dates of defendants, no more
            >> context.
            >>
            >> Does anybody have an idea, Helga perhaps?
            >>
            >> Petr

          • Vesely Petr
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 4, 2012
              Thanks, Stephan and James,