RE: [Czechlist] "Baterie" in the bathroom

  • Ing. Jiří Klíma
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 3, 2012
      No, nothing to do with an electrical device. It is a hot and cold water
      "basin mixer", "mixing tap".

      Jirka

      _____

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 3, 2012
        Jamie, it usually simply means the "tap/faucet" (the entire silver
        fitting with the hot and cold knobs and the spigot).

        Stephan

        On 1/3/2012 4:34 PM, Martin Janda wrote:
        > That's the block of both hot water and cold water faucets.
        >
        > http://www.kvalitni-vodovodni-baterie.cz/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/vanova-vodovodni-baterie.jpg
        >
        > hth
        > Martin
        >
        > Dne 3.1.2012 16:28, James Kirchner napsal(a):
        > > I've got a text here that talks about "baterie" as a form of bathroom
        > > equipment.
        > >
        > > I sense this is not a battery in the typical electrical sense, or is it?
        > >
        > > Any advice?
        > >
        > > Jamie

      • Jan Culka
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 3, 2012
          "Battery" or "baterie" is a general term for something multiplied, e.g. battery of electrical elements, battery of cannons, battery of faucets (well, they are only 2).
          Honza

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 3, 2012
            Jamie, it's any faucet. Even one with two separate knobs for hot and cold.

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 3, 2012
              This makes my life much easier. Thanks.

              Thanks to Stephan, Martin, Honza and Jirka. This was a big help.

              Jamie

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 3, 2012
                Thanks, Stephan.

                Weird expression. :-)