RE: [Czechlist] "Baterie" in the bathroom

  • Ing. Jiří Klíma
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 3, 2012
      No, nothing to do with an electrical device. It is a hot and cold water
      "basin mixer", "mixing tap".

      Jirka

      _____

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 3, 2012
        Aha! It's basically a Delta faucet (invented in my home town by Alex Manoogian who became fabulously rich and financed libraries and university buildings which now bear his name).

        Now I have to figure out what the generic term is for a Delta faucet.

        Thanks very much.

        Jamie

        On Jan 3, 2012, at 10:34 AM, Martin Janda wrote:

        > That's the block of both hot water and cold water faucets.
        >
        > http://www.kvalitni-vodovodni-baterie.cz/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/vanova-vodovodni-baterie.jpg
        >
        > hth
        > Martin
        >
        > Dne 3.1.2012 16:28, James Kirchner napsal(a):
        >> I've got a text here that talks about "baterie" as a form of bathroom
        >> equipment.
        >>
        >> I sense this is not a battery in the typical electrical sense, or is it?
        >>
        >> Any advice?
        >>
        >> Jamie

      • Stephan von Pohl
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 3, 2012
          Jamie, it usually simply means the "tap/faucet" (the entire silver
          fitting with the hot and cold knobs and the spigot).

          Stephan

          On 1/3/2012 4:34 PM, Martin Janda wrote:
          > That's the block of both hot water and cold water faucets.
          >
          > http://www.kvalitni-vodovodni-baterie.cz/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/vanova-vodovodni-baterie.jpg
          >
          > hth
          > Martin
          >
          > Dne 3.1.2012 16:28, James Kirchner napsal(a):
          > > I've got a text here that talks about "baterie" as a form of bathroom
          > > equipment.
          > >
          > > I sense this is not a battery in the typical electrical sense, or is it?
          > >
          > > Any advice?
          > >
          > > Jamie

        • Jan Culka
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 3, 2012
            "Battery" or "baterie" is a general term for something multiplied, e.g. battery of electrical elements, battery of cannons, battery of faucets (well, they are only 2).
            Honza

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 3, 2012
              Jamie, it's any faucet. Even one with two separate knobs for hot and cold.

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 3, 2012
                This makes my life much easier. Thanks.

                Thanks to Stephan, Martin, Honza and Jirka. This was a big help.

                Jamie

                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 3, 2012
                  Thanks, Stephan.

                  Weird expression. :-)