Re: [Czechlist] "Torch song"

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2012
      I got busy and didn't thank you for this, Stephan. Thank you.

      I guess "sanson" is as close as we can get, although I always understood that word as meaning "a song sung in the French style of Edith Piaf".

      There's probably no one-on-one equivalent from US to Czech culture here, and this word is a good solution.

      Jamie