Re: [Czechlist] A taxing question

  • Josef Hlavac
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 3, 2012
      It is possible if you invoice the job through someone who is registered
      for VAT (and claims true expenses).

      Otherwise, if you invoice a single euro directly to someone in another
      EU member state, you must register for VAT.

      Josef

      On 3.1.2012 11:09, "Simon" wrote:
      > Is it possible to supply translation services to a client in another EU member state (specifically a university in Slovakia) without registering as a VAT payer in the Czech Republic?
      >
      > Thanks for any advice.
      >
      > Simon

    • Vesely Petr
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 4, 2012
        Hello everybody,

        I'm puzzled with the above phrase in an Austrian lawyer's letter to a Czech court.
        The whole sentence:

        "In the above mentioned matter, the plaintiff refers to the decision of 14th Nov. 2011 and administers within open respite as follows:"

        What follows are just names, surnames and dates of defendants, no more context.

        Does anybody have an idea, Helga perhaps?

        Petr

      • Simon
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 4, 2012
          Thank you Josef and Sarka for your input. It confirms what I have heard from other sources.

          Simon

          --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Josef Hlavac <joe@...> wrote:

          > It is possible if you invoice the job through someone who is registered
          > for VAT (and claims true expenses).
          >
          > Otherwise, if you invoice a single euro directly to someone in another
          > EU member state, you must register for VAT.
          >
          > Josef
          >
          > On 3.1.2012 11:09, "Simon" wrote:
          > > Is it possible to supply translation services to a client in another EU member state (specifically a university in Slovakia) without registering as a VAT payer in the Czech Republic?
          > >
          > > Thanks for any advice.
          > >
          > > Simon
        • Stephan von Pohl
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 4, 2012
            My guess is that Mr. Austria's English is a bit lacking, but that the
            plaintiff is filing some kind of motion (perhaps an appeal) against the
            people listed below. By backtranslating "respite" to German, I arrive at
            "Frist", which means "deadline" - if that's of any help to you.

            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 4, 2012
              That phrase "above mentioned" is kind of stinky also, but at least you can understand it.

              Jamie

              On Jan 4, 2012, at 5:24 AM, Stephan von Pohl wrote:

              > My guess is that Mr. Austria's English is a bit lacking, but that the
              > plaintiff is filing some kind of motion (perhaps an appeal) against the
              > people listed below. By backtranslating "respite" to German, I arrive at
              > "Frist", which means "deadline" - if that's of any help to you.
              >
              > On 1/4/2012 11:10 AM, Vesely Petr wrote:
              >>
              >> Hello everybody,
              >>
              >> I'm puzzled with the above phrase in an Austrian lawyer's letter to a
              >> Czech court.
              >> The whole sentence:
              >>
              >> "In the above mentioned matter, the plaintiff refers to the decision
              >> of 14th Nov. 2011 and administers within open respite as follows:"
              >>
              >> What follows are just names, surnames and dates of defendants, no more
              >> context.
              >>
              >> Does anybody have an idea, Helga perhaps?
              >>
              >> Petr

            • Vesely Petr
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 4, 2012
                Thanks, Stephan and James,