Re: [Czechlist] A taxing question

  • Sarka Rubkova
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 3, 2012
      As far as I know, it is not possible

      sarka

      -------Original Message-------

      From: Simon
      Date: 3.1.2012 11:09:57
      To: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Czechlist] A taxing question

      Is it possible to supply translation services to a client in another EU
      member state (specifically a university in Slovakia) without registering as
      a VAT payer in the Czech Republic?

      Thanks for any advice.

      Simon

    • Josef Hlavac
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 3, 2012
        It is possible if you invoice the job through someone who is registered
        for VAT (and claims true expenses).

        Otherwise, if you invoice a single euro directly to someone in another
        EU member state, you must register for VAT.

        Josef

        On 3.1.2012 11:09, "Simon" wrote:
        > Is it possible to supply translation services to a client in another EU member state (specifically a university in Slovakia) without registering as a VAT payer in the Czech Republic?
        >
        > Thanks for any advice.
        >
        > Simon

      • Vesely Petr
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 4, 2012
          Hello everybody,

          I'm puzzled with the above phrase in an Austrian lawyer's letter to a Czech court.
          The whole sentence:

          "In the above mentioned matter, the plaintiff refers to the decision of 14th Nov. 2011 and administers within open respite as follows:"

          What follows are just names, surnames and dates of defendants, no more context.

          Does anybody have an idea, Helga perhaps?

          Petr

        • Simon
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 4, 2012
            Thank you Josef and Sarka for your input. It confirms what I have heard from other sources.

            Simon

            --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Josef Hlavac <joe@...> wrote:

            > It is possible if you invoice the job through someone who is registered
            > for VAT (and claims true expenses).
            >
            > Otherwise, if you invoice a single euro directly to someone in another
            > EU member state, you must register for VAT.
            >
            > Josef
            >
            > On 3.1.2012 11:09, "Simon" wrote:
            > > Is it possible to supply translation services to a client in another EU member state (specifically a university in Slovakia) without registering as a VAT payer in the Czech Republic?
            > >
            > > Thanks for any advice.
            > >
            > > Simon
          • Stephan von Pohl
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 4, 2012
              My guess is that Mr. Austria's English is a bit lacking, but that the
              plaintiff is filing some kind of motion (perhaps an appeal) against the
              people listed below. By backtranslating "respite" to German, I arrive at
              "Frist", which means "deadline" - if that's of any help to you.

              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 4, 2012
                That phrase "above mentioned" is kind of stinky also, but at least you can understand it.

                Jamie

                On Jan 4, 2012, at 5:24 AM, Stephan von Pohl wrote:

                > My guess is that Mr. Austria's English is a bit lacking, but that the
                > plaintiff is filing some kind of motion (perhaps an appeal) against the
                > people listed below. By backtranslating "respite" to German, I arrive at
                > "Frist", which means "deadline" - if that's of any help to you.
                >
                > On 1/4/2012 11:10 AM, Vesely Petr wrote:
                >>
                >> Hello everybody,
                >>
                >> I'm puzzled with the above phrase in an Austrian lawyer's letter to a
                >> Czech court.
                >> The whole sentence:
                >>
                >> "In the above mentioned matter, the plaintiff refers to the decision
                >> of 14th Nov. 2011 and administers within open respite as follows:"
                >>
                >> What follows are just names, surnames and dates of defendants, no more
                >> context.
                >>
                >> Does anybody have an idea, Helga perhaps?
                >>
                >> Petr

              • Vesely Petr
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 4, 2012
                  Thanks, Stephan and James,