A taxing question

  • Simon
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 3, 2012
      Is it possible to supply translation services to a client in another EU member state (specifically a university in Slovakia) without registering as a VAT payer in the Czech Republic?

      Thanks for any advice.

      Simon
    • Sarka Rubkova
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 3, 2012
        As far as I know, it is not possible

        sarka

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 3, 2012
          It is possible if you invoice the job through someone who is registered
          for VAT (and claims true expenses).

          Otherwise, if you invoice a single euro directly to someone in another
          EU member state, you must register for VAT.

          Josef

          On 3.1.2012 11:09, "Simon" wrote:
          > Is it possible to supply translation services to a client in another EU member state (specifically a university in Slovakia) without registering as a VAT payer in the Czech Republic?
          >
          > Thanks for any advice.
          >
          > Simon

        • Vesely Petr
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 4, 2012
            Hello everybody,

            I'm puzzled with the above phrase in an Austrian lawyer's letter to a Czech court.
            The whole sentence:

            "In the above mentioned matter, the plaintiff refers to the decision of 14th Nov. 2011 and administers within open respite as follows:"

            What follows are just names, surnames and dates of defendants, no more context.

            Does anybody have an idea, Helga perhaps?

            Petr

          • Simon
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 4, 2012
              Thank you Josef and Sarka for your input. It confirms what I have heard from other sources.

              Simon

              --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Josef Hlavac <joe@...> wrote:

              > It is possible if you invoice the job through someone who is registered
              > for VAT (and claims true expenses).
              >
              > Otherwise, if you invoice a single euro directly to someone in another
              > EU member state, you must register for VAT.
              >
              > Josef
              >
              > On 3.1.2012 11:09, "Simon" wrote:
              > > Is it possible to supply translation services to a client in another EU member state (specifically a university in Slovakia) without registering as a VAT payer in the Czech Republic?
              > >
              > > Thanks for any advice.
              > >
              > > Simon
            • Stephan von Pohl
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 4, 2012
                My guess is that Mr. Austria's English is a bit lacking, but that the
                plaintiff is filing some kind of motion (perhaps an appeal) against the
                people listed below. By backtranslating "respite" to German, I arrive at
                "Frist", which means "deadline" - if that's of any help to you.

                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 4, 2012
                  That phrase "above mentioned" is kind of stinky also, but at least you can understand it.

                  Jamie

                  On Jan 4, 2012, at 5:24 AM, Stephan von Pohl wrote:

                  > My guess is that Mr. Austria's English is a bit lacking, but that the
                  > plaintiff is filing some kind of motion (perhaps an appeal) against the
                  > people listed below. By backtranslating "respite" to German, I arrive at
                  > "Frist", which means "deadline" - if that's of any help to you.
                  >
                  > On 1/4/2012 11:10 AM, Vesely Petr wrote:
                  >>
                  >> Hello everybody,
                  >>
                  >> I'm puzzled with the above phrase in an Austrian lawyer's letter to a
                  >> Czech court.
                  >> The whole sentence:
                  >>
                  >> "In the above mentioned matter, the plaintiff refers to the decision
                  >> of 14th Nov. 2011 and administers within open respite as follows:"
                  >>
                  >> What follows are just names, surnames and dates of defendants, no more
                  >> context.
                  >>
                  >> Does anybody have an idea, Helga perhaps?
                  >>
                  >> Petr

                • Vesely Petr
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 4, 2012
                    Thanks, Stephan and James,