Re: [Czechlist] Sentence I simply do not understand (2)

    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 8, 2011
      Thanks for this Charlie. Michigan has something called Recorder's Court, and I've always wondered what "recorder" meant when it was instituted. It's presided over by a judge.

      Of course, we also have counties but no counts.

      Jamie

      Message 2 of 19 , Dec 8, 2011
        We don't have counts either weirdly - they're a European thing... Earls and countesses in Britain.