snasky

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 7, 2011
      I've got "snas^ka" in a text about a veterinary medication, but the substance is only intended for pigs.

      As far as I know, pigs don't lay eggs ("At least no news come out so far!" to quote the Chinese Miss Universe contestant speaking about men getting pregnant), so there are three other possibilities:

      1. The subtitle this appears in could be just a standard one used for any medication for any animal.
      2. "Snaska" here means ovulation.
      3. "Snaska" is intended to mean giving birth to a litter of piglets.

      Help would be appreciated.

      Jamie
    • Sabina Kralova
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 7, 2011
        Hi Jamie,

        I suppose you translate a veterinary SPC? Snaska is a regular part of these
        texts. Even if not your first suggestion is correct.
        Sabina

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 7, 2011
          Thank you for resolving that mystery, Sabina.

          Jamie