Re: [Czechlist] vyhlaska and narizeni

  • Jan Culka
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 4, 2011
      Then you have also promulgation and ordinance and (public) notice and ... for vyhláska, and order and ordinance and provision and statutory rule and directive for narízení, to name only some of the options.
      Probably all of them are correct but always for a different kind of V&N.
      It would be very nice if an expert could classify and translate all the possible kinds of V&N ....
      Honza

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 4, 2011
        no jo, ja porad bezim, a ono to plati..
        diky
        Alena

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 4, 2011
          I find Eur-Lex pretty consistently translates vyhlaska as Decree and narizeni as Regulation (occasionally Order)

          http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:C:2011:319:0016:0016:EN:PDF

          http://eur-lex.europa.eu/Notice.do?mode=dbl&lang=en&ihmlang=en&lng1=en,cs&lng2=bg,cs,da,de,el,en,es,et,fi,fr,hu,it,lt,lv,mt,nl,pl,pt,ro,sk,sl,sv,&val=483147:cs&page=

          Seems the Czech Environment Ministry goes along with Decree for vyhlaska, but prefers Order for narizeni.

          http://mzp.cz/ris/visdn.nsf/0/11c0250476dec540c125738200718d1a/$FILE/tabulka_prekladu_ces_pravnich_predpisu_0710.xls

          Also available here

          http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:v_mbZDOE1IYJ:mzp.cz/ris/visdn.nsf/0/11c0250476dec540c125738200718d1a/%24FILE/tabulka_prekladu_ces_pravnich_predpisu_0710.xls+vyhl%C3%A1%C5%A1ka+decree+na%C5%99%C3%ADzen%C3%AD+regulation+457/2001&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=cz

          My Trade Links translations also prefer Decree for vyhlaska and Order for narizeni (e.g. in the notes to the Commercial Code).

          But as Jan points out, usage varies a lot from place to place. Myself, I normally go along with Eur-Lex for EU business at least.