vyhlaska and narizeni

  • Charlie Stanford Translations
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 4, 2011
      Can anyone put me straight on this one.... I never know how to distinguish between a vyhlaska and narizeni in English. I have tended to use Decree for Vyhlaska and Regulation for Narizeni but according to Wikipedia a decree is a rule of law issued by a head of state (such as the president of a republic), so that doesn't work (any old ministry or office can issue one), ordinance and bylaw are for local government orders. I could probably keep muddling on with Decree and Regulation but it would be good to know for certain.
      Thanks for anything.
      Charlie

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 4, 2011
        Hi Charlie,

        not an expert on what exactly they mean/who issues them, but I tend to
        use Regulation for vyhlaska, as in Regulation no. XX of YYYY - I think
        that's the established translation (Trade Links et al)... as for
        narizeni, I have seen Decree, Order and a number of other things,
        dependiong on who issued it, but I think decree is the most generic
        term..

        (I just checked a Trade Links translation of Labour Code I was using
        recently, not great, but mostly OK as far as terminology goes - and
        they have both vyhlaska and narizeni translated as decree, but I think
        that may just be an error/lazy translator, I'd recommend the above, at
        least for Czech legal system [might be different in EU-land])

        ------ Original Message ------might be different in EU
        > Can anyone put me straight on this one.... I never know how to
        >distinguish between a vyhlaska and narizeni in English. I have tended
        >to use Decree for Vyhlaska and Regulation for Narizeni but according
        >to Wikipedia a decree is a rule of law issued by a head of state (such
        >as the president of a republic), so that doesn't work (any old
        >ministry or office can issue one), ordinance and bylaw are for local
        >government orders. I could probably keep muddling on with Decree and
        >Regulation but it would be good to know for certain.
        >Thanks for anything.
        >Charlie

        >__________ Informace od ESET Smart Security, verze databaze 6599
        >(20111103) __________

        >http://www.eset.cz/

      • Alena Ryšková 2e
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 4, 2011
          Hi all,
          mam tady takovou zapeklitost, ktera patrne zapeklita neni, ale nejak mi nedochazi smysl...

          Distributor agrees that the Term of any End User Service agreement with its End Users will be consistent with the EULA and *run annually throughout the initial term* of the EULA with each End User, Thereafter, renewal of Limited Services will be determined In writing between Distributor and End User.

          Mohli byste mi, prosim, nekdo zformulovat cesky, co pasaz mezi hvezdickami znamena? Mne vychazi, ze ... doba platnosti jakékoli Smlouvy o poskytování služeb Koncovému uživateli bude v souladu se softwarovou licencí koncového uživatele (EULA) a bude v pripade kazdého Koncového uzivatele kazdý rok probíhat po úvodní dobu platnosti licence, ale sama tomu, co jsem napsala, nerozumím... :-(
          Diky za napad
          Alena

        • Hana Jarolímová
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 4, 2011
            ahoj, asi neco jako " a bude platit vzdy jeden rok po dobu puvodni
            platnosti smlouvy EULA uzavrene s kazdynm koncovym uzivatelem"?

            Alena Ryšková 2e wrote:

            >Hi all,
            >mam tady takovou zapeklitost, ktera patrne zapeklita neni, ale nejak mi nedochazi smysl...
            >
            >Distributor agrees that the Term of any End User Service agreement with its End Users will be consistent with the EULA and *run annually throughout the initial term* of the EULA with each End User, Thereafter, renewal of Limited Services will be determined In writing between Distributor and End User.
            >
            >Mohli byste mi, prosim, nekdo zformulovat cesky, co pasaz mezi hvezdickami znamena? Mne vychazi, ze ... doba platnosti jakékoli Smlouvy o poskytování služeb Koncovému uživateli bude v souladu se softwarovou licencí koncového uživatele (EULA) a bude v pripade kazdého Koncového uzivatele kazdý rok probíhat po úvodní dobu platnosti licence, ale sama tomu, co jsem napsala, nerozumím... :-(
            >Diky za napad
            >Alena

            >__________ Informace od ESET NOD32 Antivirus, verze databaze 6600 (20111104) __________
            >
            >Tuto zpravu proveril ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
            >
            >http://www.eset.cz

          • Jan Culka
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 4, 2011
              Then you have also promulgation and ordinance and (public) notice and ... for vyhláska, and order and ordinance and provision and statutory rule and directive for narízení, to name only some of the options.
              Probably all of them are correct but always for a different kind of V&N.
              It would be very nice if an expert could classify and translate all the possible kinds of V&N ....
              Honza

              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 4, 2011
                no jo, ja porad bezim, a ono to plati..
                diky
                Alena

                Alena Ryšková 2e wrote:

                >Hi all,
                >mam tady takovou zapeklitost, ktera patrne zapeklita neni, ale nejak mi nedochazi smysl...
                >
                >Distributor agrees that the Term of any End User Service agreement with its End Users will be consistent with the EULA and *run annually throughout the initial term* of the EULA with each End User, Thereafter, renewal of Limited Services will be determined In writing between Distributor and End User.
                >
                >Mohli byste mi, prosim, nekdo zformulovat cesky, co pasaz mezi hvezdickami znamena? Mne vychazi, ze ... doba platnosti jakékoli Smlouvy o poskytování služeb Koncovému uživateli bude v souladu se softwarovou licencí koncového uživatele (EULA) a bude v pripade kazdého Koncového uzivatele kazdý rok probíhat po úvodní dobu platnosti licence, ale sama tomu, co jsem napsala, nerozumím... :-(
                >Diky za napad
                >Alena

                >__________ Informace od ESET NOD32 Antivirus, verze databaze 6600 (20111104) __________
                >
                >Tuto zpravu proveril ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
                >
                >http://www.eset.cz

              • Melvyn
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 4, 2011
                  I find Eur-Lex pretty consistently translates vyhlaska as Decree and narizeni as Regulation (occasionally Order)

                  http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:C:2011:319:0016:0016:EN:PDF

                  http://eur-lex.europa.eu/Notice.do?mode=dbl&lang=en&ihmlang=en&lng1=en,cs&lng2=bg,cs,da,de,el,en,es,et,fi,fr,hu,it,lt,lv,mt,nl,pl,pt,ro,sk,sl,sv,&val=483147:cs&page=

                  Seems the Czech Environment Ministry goes along with Decree for vyhlaska, but prefers Order for narizeni.

                  http://mzp.cz/ris/visdn.nsf/0/11c0250476dec540c125738200718d1a/$FILE/tabulka_prekladu_ces_pravnich_predpisu_0710.xls

                  Also available here

                  http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:v_mbZDOE1IYJ:mzp.cz/ris/visdn.nsf/0/11c0250476dec540c125738200718d1a/%24FILE/tabulka_prekladu_ces_pravnich_predpisu_0710.xls+vyhl%C3%A1%C5%A1ka+decree+na%C5%99%C3%ADzen%C3%AD+regulation+457/2001&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=cz

                  My Trade Links translations also prefer Decree for vyhlaska and Order for narizeni (e.g. in the notes to the Commercial Code).

                  But as Jan points out, usage varies a lot from place to place. Myself, I normally go along with Eur-Lex for EU business at least.