HELP! TERMS

  • Standa Zizka
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 9, 2001
      Hi all!

      Please could you help me with the translation of several following business
      terms:

      1/ Account mapping (verb - the process of creating an Account Map) - ?
      Mapování úctu
      2/ Composite accounts (Accounts in the format used by the AA Composite
      system, containing the items in the AA composite input form) - ? Souhrnné
      úcty
      3/ Dealership (An individual business) - ? Obchodní jednotka
      4/ DMS (Dealer Management System) - A generic name used for the management
      system, including the accounting system, which is used in the dealership) -
      ? Systém správy obchodu
      5/ DMS accounts (This term has been used to distinguish between the accounts
      in the format used by the dealer, and the format processed by AA i.e. the
      composite accounts format. The set of DMS accounts is also called the Chart
      of Accounts or Dealer Accounts.) - ? Úcty systému správy obchodu
      6/ parc (The "total potential market" for a dealer or dealer group) - ?
      Potencionální trh
      7/ GreenField (Name for a dummy site.) - ? Prázdná lokalita

      Many thanks in advance for your help,
      Standa Zizka

    • jpelka@seznam.cz
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 9, 2001
        --- In Czechlist@egroups.com, "Standa Zizka" <stanislav.zizka@s...>
        wrote:
        > Hi all!
        >
        > Please could you help me with the translation of several following
        business
        > terms:
        >
        > 1/ Account mapping (verb - the process of creating an Account Map) -
        ?
        > Mapování úctu
        First of all, I would get the definition of the Account Map - is it a
        credit and/or business history of the account (customer)? Or is it a
        map/diagram of different company accounts/customers - suppliers,
        clients, contractors, etc.

        > 2/ Composite accounts (Accounts in the format used by the AA
        Composite
        > system, containing the items in the AA composite input form) - ?
        Souhrnné
        > úcty
        Again, what is an "AA composite input form"? Then, what
        about "složené účty", "kompozitní účty", etc.

        > 3/ Dealership (An individual business) - ? Obchodní jednotka
        Under dealership, I see for example "car dealership", i.e. parking
        lot with new and used cars, office with sales managers (dealer is the
        boss), and, it may have more or less supporting services, sometimes
        insurance and credit facility on premises, repair shop. So, it might
        be "prodejni jednotka". It depends upon whether "dealership" is meant
        generally as a sales unit, or specifically (car dealership, etc.).

        > 4/ DMS (Dealer Management System) - A generic name used for the
        management
        > system, including the accounting system, which is used in the
        dealership) -
        > ? Systém správy obchodu
        Based on the above paragraph 3, I would suggest "systém řízení
        obchodní/prodejní jednotky)

        > 5/ DMS accounts (This term has been used to distinguish between the
        accounts
        > in the format used by the dealer, and the format processed by AA
        i.e. the
        > composite accounts format. The set of DMS accounts is also called
        the Chart
        > of Accounts or Dealer Accounts.) - ? Úcty systému správy obchodu

        Again, be careful about context of account - sometimes "account"
        means a client, a customer, with his sales history, credit history,
        and all other more or less relevant data (address, education, family,
        insurance, repairs, payments, etc.)

        > 6/ parc (The "total potential market" for a dealer or dealer
        group) - ?
        > Potencionální trh
        Okruh možných zákazníků, potenciální odbytiště, atd. etc.

        > 7/ GreenField (Name for a dummy site.) - ? Prázdná lokalita
        Nevyužité pozemky, or, in the right context even literally "zelená
        louka" (you see this used quite often).

        Jirka P.
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 9, 2001
          Ahoj Stando,

          1/ Account mapping (verb - the process of creating an Account Map) - ?
          Mapování úctu

          PROC NE? TO MAPOVANI JE TED V MODE - A NEJEN U UCTU.

          2/ Composite accounts (Accounts in the format used by the AA Composite
          system, containing the items in the AA composite input form) - ? Souhrnné
          úcty

          NERISKOVAL BYCH A NECHAL BYCH KOMPOZITNI UCTY, POKUD TI ZKUSENY UCTAR
          NEPORADI NECO LEPSIHO.

          3/ Dealership (An individual business) - ? Obchodní jednotka

          LISI SE V HANTYRCE JEDNOTLIVYCH FIREM, TREBA U FORDA TOMU RIKAJI DEALERSTVI.
          JA OSOBNE BYCH POUZIL "AUTORIZOVANY PRODEJCE CI SERVIS"

          4/ DMS (Dealer Management System) - A generic name used for the management
          system, including the accounting system, which is used in the dealership) -
          ? Systém správy obchodu
          NECHAL BYCH ZKRATKU (SYSTEM) DMS, KTEROU BYCH NA ZACATKU VYSVETLIL. BEZTAK
          JE TO URCITE JEJICH JEDINECNY SYSTEM, NA KTERY JSOU HROZNE HRDI.

          5/ DMS accounts (This term has been used to distinguish between the accounts
          in the format used by the dealer, and the format processed by AA i.e. the
          composite accounts format. The set of DMS accounts is also called the Chart
          of Accounts or Dealer Accounts.) - ? Úcty systému správy obchodu

          UCTY DMS. NEKOMPLIKUJ SI ZIVOT, KDYZ NEMUSIS.

          6/ parc (The "total potential market" for a dealer or dealer group) - ?
          7/ GreenField (Name for a dummy site.) - ?

          SOUHLASIM S JIRKOU P.

          Many thanks in advance for your help,
          WELCOME.

          MARTIN