Re: [Czechlist] Re: dopravni najezd

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 9 7:00 AM
      Thanks, Liz. We also call it an on ramp in Michigan, as well as an entrance ramp and an access ramp.

      I think I'm going to go with "entrance ramp", because the words make it obvious what it means, so foreign and non-British speakers of English would have less trouble understanding it.

      "Slip road" seems just too opaque and too local an expression. When I saw it in the CZ-EN dictionary it sounded to me like something for drainage.

      Jamie