RE: [Czechlist] emanicpated minor

  • Pilucha, Jiri
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 23, 2011
      Thanks, precasna plnoletost sounds good
      Jiri

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Czechlist@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of James Kirchner
      Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 9:29 PM
      To: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Czechlist] emanicpated minor

      I may remember the term wrong, but I remember Czech newspapers using something like "predcasna plnoletost". In the Czech cases, it was declared by a court so that a girl under 18 could get married.

      In the US the court can declare it for that reason, or because the teenager is too crazy for his parents to handle, or because the child is mature enough to take care of himself and needs to be removed from the home due to domestic abuse, or something like that.

      Jamie