RE: Translation rate basis

  • Otto Pacholik
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 16, 2000
      > But,
      > to get a contract from such big company means to get high volume work
      > secured for several years.

      I think this is the most dangerous way how to run your business. This may
      lead to you dependence on one source of income. And consequently, you become
      more "flexible" to any request of your one (two, three) big multinational
      customers. I have always tried to avoid such situation. Once such customers
      drops you this might mean a couple of months before you recover from such
      loss. Of course, if you manage to have big volume customer it would be
      nonsense to let him go. However, I prefer to subcontract a part of my work
      (even if this means more proofreading for me), in order to both keep my
      customer satisfied and avoid my dependence on him.

      Just MHO

      Otto