Re: [Czechlist] "chotekg 8"

    Message 1 of 33 , Jul 3, 2011
      Thanks, Josef and Jiri.

      I found the same abbreviation in an old, old Berlin directory (the only Google hit), and I have also found many towns having Chotek Gasse, possibly named after the Chotek Palais in Vienna, which was possibly named after someone named Chotek. ;-)

      Anyway, this solves the mystery. Many thanks.

      Jamie

      On Jul 3, 2011, at 9:15 AM, czechlist@... wrote:

      > Approximate date of the document? It is definitely nothing Czech, might
      > be a German abbreviation (Chotekgasse ???? - there is Chotkova street in
      > Usti n.L.). A scan would help.
      >
      > By the way, as of 2010, there were 6 towns/villages containing the name
      > �st�: Sezimovo �st�, �st� nad Labem, �st� nad Orlic�, and 3 more named
      > simply �st�.
      >
      > Josef
      >
      > On 3.7.2011 13:54, James Kirchner wrote:
      > >
      > > One of my sisters has gotten copies of pages in a printed city
      > > directory from Usti nad Labem (unless there is some other town with
      > > Usti in its name), and behind three of the names of our alleged
      > > relatives she found this: "chotekg 8"
      > >
      > > Does anyone have any idea what it might mean? Apparently she has a
      > > copy of the page, which rules out bad OCR.
      > >
      > > Thanks for any help.
      > >
      > > Jamie

    • Sabina Králová
      Message 33 of 33 , Jul 4, 2011
        Diky Petre, je to pro lekarske laboratore.
        Sabina