English lessons for bilingual kid requested

  • Pilucha, Jiri
    Message 1 of 10 , May 4 6:10 AM
      Would you please know of any British NS located in Prague who would do English lessons for a 7-year old Czech/English bilingual kid (a girl) who speaks fluent English but lacks English reading skills?

      Thanks, Jiri

    • Valerie Talacko
      Message 2 of 10 , May 4 6:56 AM
        Class Acts run classes for Cz/En bilingual children in Prague 1, 2 and
        from next year apparently also Prague 6. See
        http://www.classacts.cz/?page_id=1267

        Valerie

        On Wed, 2011-05-04 at 14:10 +0100, Pilucha, Jiri wrote:

        > Would you please know of any British NS located in Prague who would do
        > English lessons for a 7-year old Czech/English bilingual kid (a girl)
        > who speaks fluent English but lacks English reading skills?
        >
        > Thanks, Jiri

      • Pilucha, Jiri
        Message 3 of 10 , May 4 7:22 AM
          Hi Valerie,

          This bilingual kid is my daughter's classmate and I've been asked by her mother to ask around but I suspect that they're looking for one-on-one tutoring. Thanks a lot anyway.
          J.

          ________________________________
          Class Acts run classes for Cz/En bilingual children in Prague 1, 2 and
          from next year apparently also Prague 6. See
          http://www.classacts.cz/?page_id=1267

          Valerie

          On Wed, 2011-05-04 at 14:10 +0100, Pilucha, Jiri wrote:

          > Would you please know of any British NS located in Prague who would do
          > English lessons for a 7-year old Czech/English bilingual kid (a girl)
          > who speaks fluent English but lacks English reading skills?
          >
          > Thanks, Jiri

        • Valerie Talacko
          Message 4 of 10 , May 4 8:01 AM
            I'm teaching my daughter, using phonics and very gradually, but although
            I enjoy it a lot, I'm not yet qualified to teach anyone else! I can ask
            around, though.

            Valerie

            On Wed, 2011-05-04 at 15:22 +0100, Pilucha, Jiri wrote:

            > Hi Valerie,
            >
            > This bilingual kid is my daughter's classmate and I've been asked by
            > her mother to ask around but I suspect that they're looking for
            > one-on-one tutoring. Thanks a lot anyway.
            > J.

          • Pilucha, Jiri
            Message 5 of 10 , May 4 9:18 AM
              Valerie, thanks again