Re[2]: [Czechlist] Re: kreativy

    Message 1 of 40 , May 2 12:58 AM
      I think Sarka has fallen into the trap that many Czech speakers find
      themselves in: since the word design is now used in Czech to mean
      designer furniture, (upmarket) interior design, and the like (and in
      new Czech words like "vydesignovany")..., it seems 'wrong' to use the
      same word for designing something in the technical sense of the word
      (architectural design, designing a house, a mechanical part, etc.) and
      it seems 'right' to distinguish between (posh, buzzword) design (as in
      designer goods, designer fashion) and its old-fashioned technical
      meaning (to design [navrhovat])..., even if the resulting newspeak
      (designing) means nothing to English speakers..

      Message 40 of 40 , May 2 1:17 AM
        Yes, I know, I just wanted to show how people think.

        Sarka