Re: "kazdý na svém dvore" - terminology help needed - attempt 2

  • Melvyn
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 13, 2011
      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "P" <pavlap03@...> wrote:

      > Resení spocívá v aplikaci metody „kazdý na svém dvore"

      > Anyone feeling inspired to enlighten me? I guess I can always provide a word-by-word translation.

      I think "kazdy na svem dvorku" is close to "everyone in their own backyard". Some may quibble at the use of "their", but that is the version that gets the most hits for me - tens of thousands in fact.

      This backyard idea also crops up in the common phrase "not in my backyard" aka NIMBY.

      Might not work in your context, mind. Just saying.