Re: [Czechlist] Further dirge

  • Josef Hlavac
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 12, 2011
      Hi Charlie,

      "zdanitelne plneni" and "dilci zdanitelne plneni" are terms specific for
      the value-added tax:

      http://www.sagit.cz/pages/lexikonheslatxt.asp?cd=74&typ=r&levelid=da_123.htm

      In VAT bookkeeping, it is important to assign a date to every "taxable
      transaction" (this is the EU English term for "zdanitelne plneni").
      However, if you keep providing a service of the same nature on a
      continuous basis, or multiple times as needed (e.g. translating multiple
      projects for the same client), the Czech VAT Act includes a provision
      that lets you issue a summary invoice at the end of each month or each
      quarter.

      However, I'm not really sure what they mean in this particular case.
      They might be trying to say that the contract covers one taxable
      transaction (renting an apartment for one year, let's say) that is
      broken into partial transactions.

      HTH,
      Josef