Hrach na zelene lusky

  • Charlie Stanford Translations
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 6 12:54 AM
      Hope someone can help with this please.... It is a bit urgent as they all are I understand but have got to send in 10 mins. I am doing somethng on agriculture and they talk about Hrach na zelen� lusky. I did the same file ages ago and somehow came up with Peas for green manure - don' know how I found that it meant that and whether or not I was right. Please could someone just put me right -.... "Peas for green manure" is a standard crop but from what I can tell it gets grown to get ploughed back in. Maybe that is not the case with Hrach na zelene lusky.
      Thank you for anything
      Charlie

    • Vlastimila Palíková
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 6 1:05 AM
        Depends whether this is to be eaten by humans - I know "hrach mangetout" -
        "mangetout" it comes from French (eats all) and means the peas are
        consumable incl. the husks.
        ??? Vlasta Palikova

        Hope someone can help with this please.... It is a bit urgent as they all
        are I understand but have got to send in 10 mins. I am doing somethng on
        agriculture and they talk about Hrach na zelené lusky. I did the same file

        __________ Informace od NOD32 6017 (20110405) __________

        http://www.nod32.cz
      • Irena.Steinerova@tiscali.cz
        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 6 1:08 AM
          I think that "hrach na zelene lusky" is different (to be used in
          food-processing industry etc.)
          irena

          Dne 6.4.2011 9:54, Charlie Stanford Translations napsal(a):
          > Hope someone can help with this please.... It is a bit urgent as they all are I understand but have got to send in 10 mins. I am doing somethng on agriculture and they talk about Hrach na zelené lusky. I did the same file ages ago and somehow came up with Peas for green manure - don' know how I found that it meant that and whether or not I was right. Please could someone just put me right -.... "Peas for green manure" is a standard crop but from what I can tell it gets grown to get ploughed back in. Maybe that is not the case with Hrach na zelene lusky.
          > Thank you for anything
          > Charlie

        • Alena Ryšková 2e
          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 6 1:08 AM
            I think, that zelene hnojeni and green manure is the same... see
            http://www.doplnek.com/content/zelene-hnojeni where they say "rostliny,
            které rychle vytvoří hodně zelené hmoty... Mohou se vysévat i takové druhy
            rostlin, které poskytnou plody, jako je hrášek na zelené lusky a keříčkové
            fazole"
            HTH
            Alena

            Message 5 of 19 , Apr 6 1:45 AM
              I think it refers to a specific kind of peas - either they are used as
              food and eaten whole, as Vlasta suggests, or they are left on the field
              and ploughed as green manure.. but the term itself doesn't specify
              which, so it's either context or a question to the client, but if
              there's other kinds of plants (or peas)... then you'll have to find a
              name for that specific plant..

              >Hope someone can help with this please.... It is a bit urgent as they all are I understand but have got to send in 10 mins. I am doing somethng on agriculture and they talk about Hrach na zelené lusky. I did the same file ages ago and somehow came up with Peas for green manure - don' know how I found that it meant that and whether or not I was right. Please could someone just put me right -.... "Peas for green manure" is a standard crop but from what I can tell it gets grown to get ploughed back in. Maybe that is not the case with Hrach na zelene lusky.
              >Thank you for anything
              >Charlie

              > (Yahoo! ID required)
              >

              >http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
              >

              >__________ Informace od ESET Smart Security, verze databaze 6017 (20110405) __________

              >http://www.eset.cz

            • Vlastimila Palíková
              Message 6 of 19 , Apr 6 1:59 AM
                Ahoj, nemate nekdo strucmny a jasny link na oficialni preklad nazvu kapitol
                MSDS? Diky, Vlasta

                RNDr. Vlastimila Palíková
                Babická 17
                78501 Šternberk
                Czech Republic
                tel./fax: 00420 585 012 197
                mobile: 00420 608 818 786

                Message 7 of 19 , Apr 6 2:37 AM
                  Thanks Irena, Liz, Vlasta, Alena and Matej. Turns out that you were all
                  quite right and my green manure was completely wrong - peas with pods/hulls
                  or whatever they are called (and including mangetouts) for consumption - and
                  not to be ploughed back in.... I saw the "green" and took a leap in the
                  wrong direction.
                  Thanks to all of you.
                  Charlie

                  >I think that "hrach na zelene lusky" is different (to be used in
                  > food-processing industry etc.)
                  > irena
                  >
                  > Dne 6.4.2011 9:54, Charlie Stanford Translations napsal(a):
                  >> Hope someone can help with this please.... It is a bit urgent as they all
                  >> are I understand but have got to send in 10 mins. I am doing somethng on
                  >> agriculture and they talk about Hrach na zelené lusky. I did the same
                  >> file ages ago and somehow came up with Peas for green manure - don' know
                  >> how I found that it meant that and whether or not I was right. Please
                  >> could someone just put me right -.... "Peas for green manure" is a
                  >> standard crop but from what I can tell it gets grown to get ploughed back
                  >> in. Maybe that is not the case with Hrach na zelene lusky.
                  >> Thank you for anything
                  >> Charlie

                • Sabina Králová
                  Message 8 of 19 , Apr 7 7:41 AM
                    Dobry den,

                    narazila jsem pri prekladu na formulaci a terminy, s nimz si bohuzel nevim
                    rady a nedari se mi je ani najit na netu:

                    ... who may benefit from useful near vision without reading add and
                    increased spectacle independence across a range of distances v nasledujicim
                    kontextu

                    "for the correction of presbyopia in patients with hyperopic astigmatism up
                    to +3.00 D MRSE, with up to +1.5 D of cylinder, who may benefit from useful
                    near vision without reading add and increased spectacle independence across
                    a range of distances"

                    ...pro nez muze byt prinosem pro uzitecne??? videni na blizko bez ....

                    Je mi jasne, ze "reading add spectacles" jsou dioptricke bryle na cteni, ale
                    nevim, zda neexistuje vhodnejsi termin?

                    Diky moc za jakekoli rady
                    Sabina
                    Message 9 of 19 , Apr 7 7:47 AM
                      'Reading add spectacles' by asi byly 'bryle na cteni reklamy'???

                      Nebude tam nejaky preklep, nemuze to treba byt 'reading aid' podle
                      vzoru hearing aid?? I kdyz nevim, jestli neco takoveho existuje a jak
                      by to vypadalo..

                      http://www.google.cz/search?hl=&q=which+leave+no+one+cold&sourceid=navclient-ff&rlz=1B3GGLL_csCZ365CZ366&ie=UTF-8#hl=cs&pq=which%20leave%20no%20one&xhr=t&q=reading+aid&cp=11&pf=p&sclient=psy&rlz=1B3GGLL_csCZ365CZ366&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=reading+aid&pbx=1&fp=ddc3f17fdd525f38

                      Neco asi existuje, od stojanku na knihy az po software, co Ti je
                      precte, ja bych to videl na neco takoveho..

                      .. kteri mohou tezit z/vyuzit *videni na blizko* bez ctecich pomucek a
                      odlozit bryle i pro jine vzdalenosti???

                      ** oprav jak se to rika, nemam bryle a nejsem optik

                      reading add and increased spectacle independence across a range of
                      distances
                      >Dobry den,
                      >
                      >narazila jsem pri prekladu na formulaci a terminy, s nimz si bohuzel nevim
                      >rady a nedari se mi je ani najit na netu:
                      >
                      >... who may benefit from useful near vision without reading add and
                      >increased spectacle independence across a range of distances v nasledujicim
                      >kontextu
                      >
                      >"for the correction of presbyopia in patients with hyperopic astigmatism up
                      >to +3.00 D MRSE, with up to +1.5 D of cylinder, who may benefit from useful
                      >near vision without reading add and increased spectacle independence across
                      >a range of distances"
                      >
                      >...pro nez muze byt prinosem pro uzitecne??? videni na blizko bez ....
                      >
                      >Je mi jasne, ze "reading add spectacles" jsou dioptricke bryle na cteni, ale
                      >nevim, zda neexistuje vhodnejsi termin?
                      >
                      >Diky moc za jakekoli rady
                      >Sabina

                      > (Yahoo! ID required)
                      >

                      >http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                      >

                      >__________ Informace od ESET Smart Security, verze databaze 6022 (20110407) __________

                      >http://www.eset.cz

                    • Sabina Králová
                      Message 10 of 19 , Apr 7 7:51 AM
                        Ja myslim, ze ne, protoze termin "add spectacles, high-add spectacles" atd. jsem opravdu na netu nasla. Je to americka anglictina.
                        Sabina

                        reading add and increased spectacle independence across a range of
                        distances
                        >Dobry den,
                        >
                        >narazila jsem pri prekladu na formulaci a terminy, s nimz si bohuzel nevim
                        >rady a nedari se mi je ani najit na netu:
                        >
                        >... who may benefit from useful near vision without reading add and
                        >increased spectacle independence across a range of distances v nasledujicim
                        >kontextu
                        >
                        >"for the correction of presbyopia in patients with hyperopic astigmatism up
                        >to +3.00 D MRSE, with up to +1.5 D of cylinder, who may benefit from useful
                        >near vision without reading add and increased spectacle independence across
                        >a range of distances"
                        >
                        >...pro nez muze byt prinosem pro uzitecne??? videni na blizko bez ....
                        >
                        >Je mi jasne, ze "reading add spectacles" jsou dioptricke bryle na cteni, ale
                        >nevim, zda neexistuje vhodnejsi termin?
                        >
                        >Diky moc za jakekoli rady
                        >Sabina

                        > (Yahoo! ID required)
                        >

                        >http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                        >

                        >__________ Informace od ESET Smart Security, verze databaze 6022 (20110407) __________

                        >http://www.eset.cz

                      • Valerie Talacko
                        Message 11 of 19 , Apr 7 7:52 AM
                          Reading add must surely mean reading aids?

                          I would then understand it (just!) as follows:

                          "who may find it useful to have near vision, without reading aids, and
                          to be more independent of spectacles (i.e. not to have to wear
                          spectacles so much) across a range of distances"

                          Valerie

                          On Thu, 2011-04-07 at 16:41 +0200, Sabina Králová wrote:
                          > Dobry den,
                          >
                          > narazila jsem pri prekladu na formulaci a terminy, s nimz si bohuzel nevim
                          > rady a nedari se mi je ani najit na netu:
                          >
                          > ... who may benefit from useful near vision without reading add and
                          > increased spectacle independence across a range of distances v nasledujicim
                          > kontextu
                          >
                          > "for the correction of presbyopia in patients with hyperopic astigmatism up
                          > to +3.00 D MRSE, with up to +1.5 D of cylinder, who may benefit from useful
                          > near vision without reading add and increased spectacle independence across
                          > a range of distances"
                          >
                          > ...pro nez muze byt prinosem pro uzitecne??? videni na blizko bez ....
                          >
                          > Je mi jasne, ze "reading add spectacles" jsou dioptricke bryle na cteni, ale
                          > nevim, zda neexistuje vhodnejsi termin?
                          >
                          > Diky moc za jakekoli rady
                          > Sabina

                        • Simon
                          Message 12 of 19 , Apr 7 8:00 AM
                            It looks a bit mangled to me.

                            A quick Google search reveals that it should probably read:

                            "who may benefit from useful near vision and reduced spectacle dependence across a range of distances"

                            http://promotoraamericana.com/Documents/REF-1187_TecMFBrov_6%201%2006_RR8%20%282%29.pdf

                            Simon

                            --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Sabina Králová <saba-k@...> wrote:

                            > Dobry den,
                            >
                            > narazila jsem pri prekladu na formulaci a terminy, s nimz si bohuzel nevim
                            > rady a nedari se mi je ani najit na netu:
                            >
                            > ... who may benefit from useful near vision without reading add and
                            > increased spectacle independence across a range of distances v nasledujicim
                            > kontextu
                            >
                            > "for the correction of presbyopia in patients with hyperopic astigmatism up
                            > to +3.00 D MRSE, with up to +1.5 D of cylinder, who may benefit from useful
                            > near vision without reading add and increased spectacle independence across
                            > a range of distances"
                            >
                            > ...pro nez muze byt prinosem pro uzitecne??? videni na blizko bez ....
                            >
                            > Je mi jasne, ze "reading add spectacles" jsou dioptricke bryle na cteni, ale
                            > nevim, zda neexistuje vhodnejsi termin?
                            >
                            > Diky moc za jakekoli rady
                            > Sabina

                          • Valerie Talacko
                            Message 13 of 19 , Apr 7 8:05 AM
                              OK, I see - as in the following (from the UK)

                              "There's an 'Add' on my prescription, what does it mean?
                              If you require reading glasses your prescription may include a reading
                              addition (or 'Add') – this usually appears on the prescription in one of
                              the following forms..."

                              http://www.directspecs.co.uk/your-glasses-prescription.asp

                              On Thu, 2011-04-07 at 16:51 +0200, Sabina Králová wrote:

                              > Ja myslim, ze ne, protoze termin "add spectacles, high-add spectacles"
                              > atd. jsem opravdu na netu nasla. Je to americka anglictina.
                              > Sabina

                            • Sabina Králová
                              Message 14 of 19 , Apr 7 8:09 AM
                                It could be, thank you very much!
                                Any idea how to translate "useful near vision"? It is "videni na blizko". I
                                am just not sure what to do with "useful" - "uzitecne videni" sounds really
                                bad:))
                                Sabina
                                reading add and increased spectacle independence across a range of distances

                                It looks a bit mangled to me.

                                A quick Google search reveals that it should probably read:

                                "who may benefit from useful near vision and reduced spectacle dependence
                                across a range of distances"

                                http://promotoraamericana.com/Documents/REF-1187_TecMFBrov_6%201%2006_RR8%
                                20%282%29.pdf

                                Simon

                                --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Sabina Králová <saba-k@...> wrote:

                                > Dobry den,
                                >
                                > narazila jsem pri prekladu na formulaci a terminy, s nimz si bohuzel
                                nevim
                                > rady a nedari se mi je ani najit na netu:
                                >
                                > ... who may benefit from useful near vision without reading add and
                                > increased spectacle independence across a range of distances v
                                nasledujicim
                                > kontextu
                                >
                                > "for the correction of presbyopia in patients with hyperopic astigmatism
                                up
                                > to +3.00 D MRSE, with up to +1.5 D of cylinder, who may benefit from
                                useful
                                > near vision without reading add and increased spectacle independence
                                across
                                > a range of distances"
                                >
                                > ...pro nez muze byt prinosem pro uzitecne??? videni na blizko bez ....
                                >
                                > Je mi jasne, ze "reading add spectacles" jsou dioptricke bryle na cteni,
                                ale
                                > nevim, zda neexistuje vhodnejsi termin?
                                >
                                > Diky moc za jakekoli rady
                                > Sabina

                              • Simon
                                Message 15 of 19 , Apr 7 8:27 AM
                                  I agree that "without reading add" should presumably be "without reading aids".

                                  "Useful" probably means that the patient's sight will be imperfect but good enough for him or her to be able to perform basic tasks without using glasses.

                                  I don't know how to translate it though.

                                • Valerie Talacko
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Apr 7 9:03 AM
                                    I agree, useful has that meaning - "good enough to be of use".

                                    On Thu, 2011-04-07 at 15:27 +0000, Simon wrote:

                                    > I agree that "without reading add" should presumably be "without
                                    > reading aids".
                                    >
                                    > "Useful" probably means that the patient's sight will be imperfect but
                                    > good enough for him or her to be able to perform basic tasks without
                                    > using glasses.
                                    >
                                    > I don't know how to translate it though.
                                    >
                                    > Simon
                                    >
                                    > --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Sabina Králová <saba-k@...> wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > It could be, thank you very much!
                                    > > Any idea how to translate "useful near vision"? It is "videni na
                                    > blizko". I
                                    > > am just not sure what to do with "useful" - "uzitecne videni" sounds
                                    > really
                                    > > bad:))
                                    > > Sabina

                                  • Sabina Králová
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Apr 7 1:34 PM
                                      Thanks for your help and all suggestions.
                                      Sabina

                                    • Melvyn
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Apr 7 1:52 PM
                                        Rad bych se zeptal aspon ze zvedavosti, jestli by slo prelozit 'useful' jako 'dostatecny' nebo 'dostatecne dobry' v tomto kontextu.

                                        S pozdravem,

                                        M.

                                        --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Sabina Králová <saba-k@...> wrote:

                                        > Thanks for your help and all suggestions.
                                        > Sabina

                                      • Sabina Králová
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Apr 8 3:56 AM
                                          To vubec neni spatny napad. Diky. Budu to jeste konzultovat s klientem spolu
                                          s dalsimi pripadnymi dotazy. Ten text je opravdu hodne narocny.
                                          Jeste jednou diky vsem
                                          Sabina