Re[2]: [Czechlist] Re: terminology and unclear sentences

    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 1, 2011
      'I suppose you can sail pinch the sails and mean pinch ..'

      that was 'you can SAY' of course...

      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 1, 2011

        > I guess the main problem with that translation is that the only pirate
        > tradition we have in Czech literature is based on Vltava and involves
        > Primator Dittrich, a paddle steamer ..

        Perhaps a little judicious use of vodacky slang to render pirate talk might be considered a humorous touch.

        http://www.lavdis.cz/index.php?pg=222&ln=cz

        And Hana, tell your friend that if she joins Czechlist she gets a substantial discount on our pirate talk lessons:

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cKCkbWDGwE