Re: [Czechlist] Re: Euro-English

  • Vesely Petr
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 2, 2011
      To nevim, ale na WikiLeaks uz to visi ;-)

      P.

      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
        Hi,

        Would you please help me understand what "cover the wide receiver" means in the following context

        One of my old friends is Matt Dillon and let me tell you-when it's just
        the guys hanging around, no one gives a shit what Matt Dillon looks like.
        He's gotta carry boxes or cover the wide receiver or pass the ball or do an
        equal amount of driving as the next guy.

        Thanks a lot

        Jiri

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
          nemohlo by to byt "vykryt utocnika" - vygooglila jsem, ze "wide
          receiver" je druh utocnika v americkem fotbale

        • Pilucha, Jiri
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
            Jooo, diky moc, to sedi

            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
              I assume that it isbecause the job of covering - i.e. marking - the
              wide receiver is not very glamorous or high profile. The quarterback
              and wide receiver are important positions in American football and
              covering the wide receiver - something like hlidani - is a defensive
              job for a workhorse and not one of the stars
              HTH