Re: Euro-English

  • Petr
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 2, 2011
      Nezverejnil jsi to s 30dennim predstihem?
      Petr

      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Vesely Petr" <vesely.email@...> wrote:

      > The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby English
      > will be the official language of the European Union rather than German,
      > which was the other possibility. As part of the negotiations, the
      > British Government conceded that English spelling had some room for
      > improvement and has accepted a 5-year phase-in plan that would become
      > known as 'Euro-English' .
      >
      > In the first year, 's' will replace the soft 'c'. Sertainly, this will
      > make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard 'c' will be dropped in
      > favour of 'k'. This should klear up konfusion, and keyboards kan have
      > one less letter.
      >
      > There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year when the
      > troublesome 'ph' will be replaced with 'f'. This will make words like
      > fotograf 20% shorter.
      >

      > In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted
      > to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible.
      > Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have
      > always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the
      > horibl mes of the silent 'e' in the languag is disgrasful and it should
      > go away.
      >

      > By the 4th yer people wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing 'th'
      > with 'z' and 'w' with 'v'.
      >

      > During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary 'o' kan be dropd from vords kontaining
      > 'ou' and after ziz fifz yer, ve vil hav a reil sensibl riten styl.
      >
      > Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu
      > understand ech oza. Ze drem of a united urop vil finali kum tru.
      >
      > Und efter ze fifz yer, ve vil al be speking German like zey vunted in
      > ze forst plas.

    • Vesely Petr
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 2, 2011
        To nevim, ale na WikiLeaks uz to visi ;-)

        P.

        Nezverejnil jsi to s 30dennim predstihem?
        Petr

        --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Vesely Petr" <vesely.email@...> wrote:

        > The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby English
        > will be the official language of the European Union rather than German,
        > which was the other possibility. As part of the negotiations, the
        > British Government conceded that English spelling had some room for
        > improvement and has accepted a 5-year phase-in plan that would become
        > known as 'Euro-English' .
        >
        > In the first year, 's' will replace the soft 'c'. Sertainly, this will
        > make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard 'c' will be dropped in
        > favour of 'k'. This should klear up konfusion, and keyboards kan have
        > one less letter.
        >
        > There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year when the
        > troublesome 'ph' will be replaced with 'f'. This will make words like
        > fotograf 20% shorter.
        >

        > In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted
        > to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible.
        > Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have
        > always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the
        > horibl mes of the silent 'e' in the languag is disgrasful and it should
        > go away.
        >

        > By the 4th yer people wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing 'th'
        > with 'z' and 'w' with 'v'.
        >

        > During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary 'o' kan be dropd from vords kontaining
        > 'ou' and after ziz fifz yer, ve vil hav a reil sensibl riten styl.
        >
        > Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu
        > understand ech oza. Ze drem of a united urop vil finali kum tru.
        >
        > Und efter ze fifz yer, ve vil al be speking German like zey vunted in
        > ze forst plas.

      • Pilucha, Jiri
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
          Hi,

          Would you please help me understand what "cover the wide receiver" means in the following context

          One of my old friends is Matt Dillon and let me tell you-when it's just
          the guys hanging around, no one gives a shit what Matt Dillon looks like.
          He's gotta carry boxes or cover the wide receiver or pass the ball or do an
          equal amount of driving as the next guy.

          Thanks a lot

          Jiri

          ________________________________
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
            nemohlo by to byt "vykryt utocnika" - vygooglila jsem, ze "wide
            receiver" je druh utocnika v americkem fotbale

          • Pilucha, Jiri
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
              Jooo, diky moc, to sedi

              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
                I assume that it isbecause the job of covering - i.e. marking - the
                wide receiver is not very glamorous or high profile. The quarterback
                and wide receiver are important positions in American football and
                covering the wide receiver - something like hlidani - is a defensive
                job for a workhorse and not one of the stars
                HTH